Monday, August 27, 2012

August 15, 2012: Dressing Appropriately

Since I am trying to pick out my clothes ahead of time weather.com has become an integral tool in the process. I have too often made the mistake of forgetting an umbrella, a coat, or generally wearing something completely inappropriate for whatever weather I will be faced with that day. When I was looking at the week ahead (last two weeks ago) everything was looking good except for Wednesday. With rain on the horizon I set aside some comfy and professional pants so I could face the impending precipitation as appropriately as possible.

My biggest struggle was finding shoes that worked with the pants since their length demands I stand a little taller but, I am still on the mend. I decided to take my life ankle into my own hands and wear a pair of shoes with a little heel. I can't say that it horrible but, it was definitely not the best idea. I'll be honest I haven't been giving my ankle the rest and relaxation or stretching that it needs; It's hard when you commute into New York City and work in a busy office; Excuses, excuses... Long story short: don't sprain ankles.
  • Topyellow ruffle collar shirt, LOFT; black blazed, Ann Taylor via Melissa
  • Bottombeige pinstripe trousers, LOFT/gift from BF
  • Shoes & Accessories: black peeptoe wedges, Payless; vintage silver hoop earrings, my abuela; silver watch, Fossil; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF  

Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...