Monday, March 7, 2011

February 28, 2011-March 4, 2011: A Week In Retrospect

I did not completely drop of the earth last week, just the blogosphere. The "catching up as quickly as I can" thing got sidetracked by life but, I promise you I did wear clothes last week and thankfully someone (aka BF) was there with a camera to snap some shots. This week I am going to try something a little different, we'll see how it goes...

Monday was just like any other Monday, getting back to work. I mean who is excited about Monday? You would be absolutely wrong if you guessed me...
  • Top: black faux wrap shirt, New York & Company (same shirt different color here) with a tank top underneath for the modesty; gray wool blazer, Isaac Mizrahi for Target
  • Bottombrown and red pinstripe pants, New York & Company (these are one of the pairs of pants that I needed to lengthen and let the cuffs down, how do you think they came out?) 
  • Shoes & Accessories: silver hardware embellished flats, Preview via Nordstrom Rack; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.black Spy Bag, Fendi (not pictured)

Items from this outfit are previously seen here.

Tuesday was bingo night and this August I will be turning 88... just kidding! There is a bar downtown that does bingo on Monday and Tuesday nights so a bunch of friends decided to go and check it out. Since I knew I was going out after work I wanted to be comfortable, although for a night out I probably could have stepped up the glam factor a little bit. I wasn't a big winner but, it was a good time.
  • Top: red long sleeved shirt, Van Heusen; brown houndstooth jacket, LOFT
  • Bottom: gray pants, New York & Company
  • Shoes & Accessoriesbrown/black snake embossed ballet flats, Xhiliration for Target; rainbow beaded earrings, Moxie Bee; Rainbow beaded necklace, Moxie Bee (not pictured); black Spy Bag, Fendi (not pictured)

Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

Wednesday was a sad day. I got an email from my high school alumni office stating that a classmate's mother had passed away. Since the graduating class my year was only about 48 people this was definitely someone I knew so I decided to pay my respects at the wake after work. Thankfully I didn't have to go alone, one of my other classmates and close friends came with. It was a very surreal experience and really makes you grateful for the things that you have.
  • Top: gray and black dress, Pretty Girl; black blazer, Ann Taylor via Melissa
  • Shoes & Accessories: black vintage patent leather pumps, Evan Picone via Unique Thrift Store; purple tights, Kushyfoot via Duane Reade; black patent leather belt, Apt. 9 via Mom/Kohl's (came with this top); silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.; black Spy Bag, Fendi (not pictured)

On Thursday I wanted to brighten up my mood so I pulled out this brand new sweater that my Mom got me. It was one of the first things I saw when we walked into New York & Company and I fell instantly in love. Do you know what I'm talking about? That feeling like, I cannot leave this store without at least trying this shirt, skirt, whatever on! This is why I try to avoid the mall like the plague, it helps me stick with the whole no purchases thing. Unfortunately there are still a few things I would like to add to my new work wardrobe so, I'll have to suffer through...
  • Top: orange ballet neck chiffon flower top, New York & Company
  • Bottom: beige pinstripe pencil skirt, New York & Company
  • Shoes & Accessories: black pumps, Nine West; blue goldstone earrings, mall kiosk in California; beige pantyhose, No Nonsense via Stop and Shop; purple tote bag, Coach (not pictured)

Friday I was just happy for the weekend! This would have been a great time to wear jeans and get into the spirit of the weekend but, charity day isn't until later this month... I settled for skinny pants, it was ok!
  • Topyellow ruffle collar shirt, LOFT; gray flyaway cardigan, New York & Company
  • Bottom: black really skinny pants, GAP 
  • Shoes & Accessories: leopard print flats, New York & Company; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.; purple tote bag, Coach (not pictured)

Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

Don't forget to enter the Perricone MD Product Giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...