Thursday, August 16, 2012

Weekly Manicure: Leave It To The Professionals

Last Friday I did something that I haven't done in months, I went to get a manicure and pedicure at a salon! It's not that I don't enjoy a professional manicure, it's just an unnecessary expense that I can't afford on the regular and isn't always worth it. Thankfully my gift card hoarding tendencies are strong and I've been holding on to one from Christmas for a mani/pedi at one of my fav salons, it's about time I used it! Also, I was also meeting some friends there and they wanted to get manicures and pedicures; It's nice to be able to hang out with friends without peer pressure spending but, I digress...

One of my biggest struggles when heading to the nail salon for a manicure is picking a color. No matter how much of a selection I think I have at home, they always blow me away with the plethora of choices from Essie and OPI. When I was getting manicures on the regular I had my seasonal standards but, now I tend to gravitate towards things I can't imitate at home which (even accounting for personal preferences) leaves me with a normally startling amount of choices.

Earlier I spotted a gorgeous pale yellow polish while running a quick errand at work. It was an instant connection and I knew that is what I wanted for this week's manicure and pedicure. Unfortunately when I got to my salon they didn't have anything of the sort... go figure. I ended up going with Essie Miss Fancy Pants from their Fall 2012 line because something neutral was the only thing I could commit to with Sally Hansen Buttercup on my mind. I may or may not have headed back to the store to retrieve it. What do you think? Do you go to the salon for manicures and pedicures? If so, do you have a standard set of colors you gravitate towards?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...