Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Unposted Outfits: Fall 2012

This is the last batch of outfits that I have for you (thankfully) talking about LOTS outfits from months ago is difficult. Not only do I have to try to remember why I was wearing what I was wearing that day but, I also need to do it 13-19 times per post. It gets hard to say, "I was wearing clothes." Speaking of which... here's some clothes.
  • Topred bella swan blouson, eShakti.com
  • Bottomkhaki a-line skirt, Merona via Target
  • Shoes & Accessoriesturquoise peep toe flats, Xhiliration via Target; coin pearl necklace, V'ta jewelry; coin pearl earrings, borrowed from Mom then altered by me; silver watch, Fossil; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF

I remember that this outfit was some time around fall Fashion Week. I can't remember was type of event (if any) that I wore this to but, I feel like I went to something.
  • Toppurple 3/4 length sleeve t-shirt, Target; mint studded peter pan collar shirt, Charming Charlie/gift from Cousin V
  • Bottomblack pencil skirt, Old Navy
  • Shoes & Accessories: gray flip flops, Old Navy; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.; silver watch, Fossil; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF

While this was a charity casual Friday outfit if you saw me now in my (f)unemployment I would be wearing something like this. Although, thanks to the recent snowy weather I would probably be wearing some practical (and stylish) boots
  • Topbrown cowl neck sweater, Mossimo for Target; brown houndstooth jacket, LOFT 
  • Bottom: skinny jeans, Forever 21
  • Shoes & Accessories: purple Merona Madge Ballet Flat, Target silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.; silver watch, Fossil; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF

This was a great vintage find from Re/Dress NYC, I really miss that place. While I can go to any vintage or thrift store with hopes of finding fun items in my size I was always sure that there would be things that fit me at Re/Dress. It's not that I need to shop, it's just nice to know that the option is there  Where do you go for great vintage fashion? Do you know any good places that specialize in plus size vintage?
  • Top: black and brown vintage dress, Cathy Gray via Re/Dress NYC with a white tank top underneath for the modesty
  • Shoes & Accessories: black flip flops, Rocket Dog via DSW; hammered silver and garnet earrings, jewelry by lis; silver watch, Fossil; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF

My hair is unintentionally FABULOUS! I wish I could get those loose bouncy curls on purpose. What probably happened was that my hair was straight and it got wet enough to curl it but, not turn it into a complete ball of frizz; it's a delicate and random process. I wonder if hot rollers would do that same thing? Or Hot Buns? Have you seen those infomercials, they are totally getting in my mind.
  • Top: black sweater, LOFT/Mom's closet clean-out; black v-neck cardigan, 14th & Union/gift from BF's parents
  • Bottom: silver pinstripe pants, Kasper via Lots for Less
  • Shoes & Accessoriesred patent flat American Eagle via Payless; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.; silver watch, Fossil; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


This is an outfit that I was amazed had not been worn before, it's such a easy pairing! I remember looking in my closet thinking, "Wow, that would be great and easy" but, then thinking, "I should challenge myself more"  or "I should wear something more creative." Sometimes it's the easiest combinations that make the best outfits. 
  • Toporange dolman sleeve top, Xhiliration for Target
  • Bottom brown and orange tweed pencil skirt, LOFT
  • Shoes & Accessories: purple Merona Madge Ballet Flat, Target; Annabelle Necklace, Stella & Dot; Goddess Teardrop Earrings, Stella & Dot; silver watch, Fossil; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


As previously discussed, sometimes the easiest combinations are best other times you want to spice it up a bit. I needed to spice up this drab black and gray outfit with some color. I couldn't think than a better way of doing that with some rainbow tights! Green seemed more professional than some of the other wacky colors I have. What color tights would you have worn?
  • Top: black and gray sheath dress, Renuar via Lots 4 Less; black blazer, Ann Taylor via Melissa
  • Shoes & Accessoriesblack ballet flats, Mossimo via Target; green tights, We Love Colors silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


This dress was a great thrift store find. Many of my shopping experiences since undertaking this personal style challenge have been at second hand stores or in other people's closets. There hasn't been a huge need for me to head to the mall for even when I do need to add items to my wardrobe. It also doesn't hurt that the dress is super comfy.
  • Top: navy, gray, and black dress, attention via Unique Thrift Store; gray and white pinstripe blazer, Calvin Klein via Loehmanns (part of this suit)
  • Shoes & Accessoriesblack ballet flats, Mossimo via Target; black tights, Hanes Silk Reflections courtesy of Hanes via Robert Verdi's Luxe Lab; silver, amethyst, and light blue stone earrings, PennyweightsNeverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF

This outfit was a valiant attempt at pattern mixing. I wouldn't say that it was a failure but, it wasn't the most comfortable ensemble. Perhaps a different blazer would have made it more comfy...
  • Topfloral print t-shirt, Vera Wang for Kohl's; brown houndstooth blazer, LOFT 
  • Bottom: gray pencil skirt, New York & Company 
  • Shoes & Accessories: purple Merona Madge Ballet Flat, Targetfloral wire earrings, MOMA/gift from an old friend; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


In retrospect I think this pattern combination would have been perfect with a different bottom. The outfit was was too hot to wear a blazer but, the outfit needed something to up the professionalism factor like a classy pencil skirt. What would you wear?
  • Top: pink pinstripe shirt, New York & Company; gray, yellow, and white argyle vest, New York & Company (same vest different color here and here)
  • Bottomblack true straight pants, GAP
  • Shoes & Accessoriesblack ballet flats, Mossimo via Target; pearl earrings, Macys/gift from Mom; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


The day I wore this outfit I went to an event in Hoboken at Salon Caru with some friends from The Bloggers' Collective. We got our hair styled and I asked my hair dresser if she could do something that would highlight my naturally curly hair. I ended up with this... It wasn't exactly what I was looking for but, it did look very polished and was super voluminous. It looked a little more like what I wanted after a day or two: big bouncy controlled curls. 

Moment of honesty: this is a repeated outfit... I'm could have sworn that I was better at remembering everything that was going on but, with all the work stuff and the fact that I was fairly miserable I'm not surprised that I forgot. Also, looking back at things it was almost a year prior but, enough with the excuses. I think once I am in another office environment (depending on the dress code) I might reset this challenge. Thoughts?
  • Topred floral embellished top, Simply Vera Vera Wang via Kohl's; black and white pinstripe blazer, Calvin Klein via SYMS (part of this suit)
  • Bottomblack true straight pants, GAP
  • Shoes & Accessories:  black ballet flats, Mossimo via Target; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


I wore a similar outfit to this except their was a gray skirt instead of gray pants. I think I like the other outfit better...

  • Topcream lace top, Merona for Target with a tank top underneath for the modesty; purple wool blazer, Victoria Holley/Mom's closet cleanout
  • Bottom: gray pencil skirt, New York & Company
  • Shoes & Accessories: leopard print ballet flats, New York & Company; coin pearl necklace, V'ta jewelry; coin pearl earrings, borrowed from Mom then altered; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


I love everything about this outfit! The only thing that could have made it better would have been if the picture was taken outside. Subtle pattern mixing, combining neutrals... I threw the conventional style rules out the window and it worked out perfectly. Most importantly, the outfit still felt professional even if it is totally something I would wear any day of the week. 
  • Topblack, brown, and red paisley dress, New York and Company with a tank top underneath for the modesty; brown houndstooth blazer, LOFT 
  • Shoes & Accessoriesblack ballet flats, Mossimo via Target; silver and garnet tiered earrings, Pennyweights; black belt, came with this dress; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


These are definitely day three four curls. I don't think I will be heading to my next job without ensuring that my hair is polished and gorgeous every morning. After looking through all these pictures it's honestly making me cringe when I look at how "blah" my hair is. By the way, this is another repeated outfit from the same time period... lame.
  • Topblack and white faux wrap dress, Merona for Target with a tank top underneath for the modesty; black and white pinstripe blazer, Calvin Klein via SYMS (part of this suit)
  • Shoes & Accessoriesred patent leather flats, Payless; pearl earrings, Macys/gift from Mom;  Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


One thing that I honestly tried to avoid while working in the city was wearing head to toe black outfits like lots of other people in my office. I love color and I hate the idea of being a cliche. That being said, black on black is easy (kinda like wearing the same thing everyday) and the whole ensemble was pretty professional.
  • Topblack half button shirt, Jovovich-Hawk for Target; black blazer, Ann Taylor via Melissa 
  • Bottom: gray pinstripe pants, Kasper via Lots for Less
  • Shoes & Accessoriesred patent leather flats, Payless; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


Love this dress! I purchased it from the summer stock on sale at Target in the fall but, the weather was already cooling down. I was really excited to see that the high low trend is back for this spring/summer so I can wear the dress again instead of waiting another 4-8 years for it to become a trend again. To be honest, I would wear it even if it wasn't so trendy. Trends are just suggestions anyway, right?


This was my last charity Friday. I would like to point out the success of that program was one of my biggest accomplishments at work. The overall charitable donations TRIPLED in the time that I was managing the program, BAMN! It was something that I really enjoyed doing and I look forward to being able to get that excited about tasks in my next job.
  • Topred floral embellished top, Simply Vera Vera Wang via Kohl's; black and white pinstripe blazer, Calvin Klein via SYMS (part of this suit)
  • Bottomskinny jeans, Forever21
  • Shoes & Accessoriesblack ruffle embellished flats, Audrey Brooke via DSW; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


This outfit was another one that was really great in theory but, when implemented left me wanting something different. I was SO hot. I know most people complain about their air conditioned office environments being out of control cold but, mine was not so three layers of clothes was oppressive and uncomfortable. After that day, I don't think I will make that mistake again.
  • Topgray camo/animal print ruffle button down shirt, LOFT;  purple argyle vest, New York & Company (same vest different color herehere, here, and here); black pinstripe blazer, Calvin Klein via SYMS (part of this suit)
  • Bottom: black pencil skirt with pockets, Old Navy
  • Shoes & Accessoriesblack ruffle embellished flats, Audrey Brooke via DSW; pearl earrings, Macys/gift from Mom; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


We are almost down to the end! These are some of the last few outfits that I wore while in my last position. Now we are getting down to the fun stuff. I just want to clarify that this is end of the day hair, my beginning of the day hair was much a little more controlled. Stay tuned for the last work outfit ever for now... 
  • Topblack, gray, and white argyle sweater, Merona for Target (same sweater different color herehere, here, here, and here); black button down shirt, New York & Company
  • Bottom: black wide leg pants, New York & Company
  • Shoes & Accessoriesblack ruffle embellished flats, Audrey Brooke via DSW; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...