Tuesday, September 6, 2011

September 6, 2011: Setting An Example

This week is going to be just as crazy as last week when it comes to work but, I'm sending a shout out to Labor Day for making it a little shorter!

Today I am kicking it off with the first day of New Employee Orientation for six people! That might not sound like alot but, generally we only start one-three new peeps at a time so doubling the number and having them in different groups is going to be interesting. Also, did I mention the orientation is seven days long? No? Well, now you know what I'm going to be doing at the office for the rest of the week among other things but, I digress... Since dress code is always a question that I am asked I figured why not just lead by example today (at least.) I'm not really the biggest fan of full suits and would much prefer to wear the pieces as separates but, that would miss the mark.

Tonight I don't have anything going but, the same cannot be said for the rest of the week. I got invited to a few FNO events and I am excited to attend and shamelessly hand out business cards network with other stylish bloggers. The challenge for the rest of the week will be wearing things to the office that are still stylish enough for Fashion's Night Out without a major evening outfit overhaul since I won't be heading home in between to change. Do you have any FNO plans? We might bump into each other...
  • Topwhite ruffle button down blouse, LOFT; gray pinstripe blazer, Calvin Klein via Loehmanns/gift from BF
  • Bottom: gray pinstripe pencil skirt, Calvin Klein via Loehmanns/gift from BF
  • Shoes & Accessoriesblack peep toe wedges, Payless/gift from BF; pink chalcedony and mother of pearl necklace, Gem Cove/birthday gift from Mom; pink chalcedony and mother of pearl earrings,  Gem Cove/birthday gift from Mom; gray and black purse, Pietro Alessandro 

My Stella & Dot pick:

Femme Fatale Necklace

Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed here, here, here, and here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...