Sunday, November 7, 2010

Review: Cougar Boots

When I was asked to do a review of Cougar boots I was thrilled! Well, actually first I was confused... I had never heard of them before and while the thought of receiving an item to review was exciting I wasn't sure that these shoes/boots were even my style. So, I checked out their website and was thrilled to see that most of the boots were right up my alley. After which I sent back an enthusiastic, YES!

I got to pick one pair of rain boots and one pair of snow boots to review. They gave me some options and I got to pick my tops and they would send me what they could based on my size and their availability. And I patiently waited to receive my package in the mail...

When it finally came I couldn't wait to see what boots I had gotten. The selection of snow boots was pretty good so I think I would have been fine with whatever they sent me but, I had my heart set on a specific set of rain boots. When I opened the box I was greeted with a nice letter from the president of the company (kudos to them for that nice detail) and a whole lot of goodies!



Not only do I get boots but, they included an awesome mug, some hot cocoa, and a warm hoodie! All of which will be quite handy and fully utilized as the temperatures continue to drop. And I love their message, "For the world you walk on. Love what you wear." I can totally get behind that! Now, it was time to get down to business and see what I ended up with, drumroll please... the exact boots I wanted!!! And even though I ordered them in a 9 (I am generally a 9.5) they fit perfectly!



First of all let's talk about the rain boots, because I actually got to wear them for a whole day at work and to run some errands after. As I mentioned before they were a good fit and absolutely waterproof. I jumped in a puddle leftover from the days before's rain (yes, like a small child) and I was honestly hoping that it would start up again... it didn't but, I think I got to experience the dryness perfectly. Plus, I love the style. How unbelievably bad ass are these boots with their motorcycle vibe? My only complaint is that I wish they were a little higher and wider in the calf. I have very muscular calves and where these boots stopped on me they ended up being a little tight by the end of the day. Also, I love the look of taller wellies that you could wear with equally tall socks and if they had been the case I probably wouldn't have had the calf problem. Overall though, big thumbs up for style and comfort!

On to the snow boots (pictured in detail here)... I only got to wear these around the house because there has not been (and had better not be) any snow yet. They are so comfortable, I love them! They are also warm, waterproof, and very lightweight. Considering how the tags claim a wearer will stay warm in, as low as, 5° weather I am very impressed, I would have expected them to be heavier and bulkier. The faux fur is not 100% me but, I am getting used to it and it is so trendy for fall/winter that you can't go wrong with these. I think they are my favorite out of the two pairs and I almost can't wait (figuratively speaking) for snow!

Overall, I have found a new favorite boot brand! And while I was searching for other styles online I found that these are really not that expensive at all; Definitely cheaper than (or on par with) Hunter or Uggs, just as warm, and even more stylish. Which Cougar boots/shoes are your favorite?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, two pairs of boots and a mug? this company sounds awesome.

    I'm loving the snow boots, because i think uggs were actually created by the devil and cute snow boots are an absolute must for the winter when you have to deal with constant bombardments of the white stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Just ordered a pair of Cougar boots and completed the survey. I linked from their site to Amazon and was able to get free shipping on a pair of "Moolas". Really nice looking boots and based on your blog and other reviews from satisfied customers it was not a difficult choice for me!

    I have to agree with Lyddiegal that Uggs were "created by the devil".....a fashionless one a that!

    Thanks.

    CNC
    Bronx, NY

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...