Monday, January 10, 2011

January 10, 2011: Yo, Yo Check Her Out!

That is what someone yelled to his buddy as I walked to my car this morning. I'm going to pretend it was in admiration of my bold fashion statement not anything mean or lecherous. New York City is well known for off color catcalls. I used to get them all the time when I was in high school but, they have lessened in frequency throughout the years. I suppose I'm not that young catholic school girl anymore (and I can't complain) but, I wonder if it is because I am older or more modest? Must be the modesty...

Anyway... Rainbow Tights Week! Lydia from Chic on the Cheap and I are focusing solely on the primary colors. I'm excited! Though, I'm a little on the fence about Friday because normally I can wear jeans to work and that doesn't really allow for tons of tight visibility. We are also going to be joined by Paul (a dancer) who started a blog just for this event! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.
  • Top: black, brown, and red paisley dress, New York and Company with a tank top underneath for the modesty
  • Shoes & Accessories: black and nude vintage inspired peep toe mary janes, Madden Girl via Loehmanns; red tights, We Love Colors; onyx earrings, V'ta; black belt, included with these pants; blue Foley + Corrina City Clutch, gifted via Plaza Too

Don't forget to enter the giveaway!

10 comments:

  1. Bright red !
    These look fabulous with those shoes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm certian it was admiration. I love the tights with that dress and shoes! It showcases them wonderfully!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so bright! Love it!

    Melanie@UnravelledThreads
    Follow @UnraveldTreads on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this project and that bright red is fierce girl! wooorkk it. and did i ever tell u that u have the best shoe collection? and purse ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea!! I just posted my fashion oath for 2011 and that includes wearing more color, tights are great for this!! I have way too much black so am trying to shake up my black addiction!!!

    great blog by the way... I came over from Lydia's!!
    cheers and nice to meet you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iris I love these red tights! I have a pair, maybe one day I will wear them again. =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog....love the colored tights week!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. interesting look! I wasn't sure if I liked it at first, but it's growing on me. (I admit, I have an odd relationship with red in general.)

    I'd love to see this same dress with maroon tights & brown boots. Do you think it would work? That's what I'd probably choose, and I'm curious what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bright tights. Also love that you're wearing them with peeptoes. I've been contemplating this look for a bit but wasn't so sure about it. This might have been the nudge I need to go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just perfect! Down to the muted blue bag. Yes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...