Thursday, November 3, 2011

November 3, 2011: I've Got Lace


If you are participating in this theme week please link up below and put the trend that you are representing where it asks for your name. Please leave a comment after you post, thanks!

Many of the trends this fall make me think of a more classic style and lace is definitely one of them. The other thing that lace reminds me of is a doily. Thankfully, this shirt channels the classic style and not the latter but, despite that it is still a challenging piece to wear to work. Completely see through tops are not what I think of when I imagine professional business attire. O, you do? Then I should be ok... I rocked this top at my last job no problem but, this new office is decidedly more conservative. We shall see how it goes. What other items of clothing do you think push the corporate dress code? 
  • Topcream lace top, Merona for Target with a tank top underneath for the modesty; purple wool blazer, Victoria Holley/Mom's closet cleanout
  • Bottom: gray pencil skirt, New York and Company
  • Shoes & Accessories: brown pumps, Candies via Kohl's; coin pearl necklace, V'ta jewelry; coin pearl earrings, borrowed from Mom then altered; brown woven tote, Loeffler Randall


Items from this outfit are previously seen here, herehereherehereherehere, here and here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...