Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Unposted Outfits: Summer 2012

Posting these warm weather outfits is honestly a bit depressing with the bitter cold weather that we have been having. I get it, it's still winter but, there have been some significantly warm days that make me hope we might be out of the woods. Maybe soon, that's what the groundhog said anyway and he is always sometimes rarely right

Here's this dress again, one of the things that I love about it is that it works any time of the year! I also realized that I have worn a very similar outfit before, it was just slightly more professional with a blazer not a cardigan. Does it really make that big of a difference? I guess sometimes it does...
  • Topyellow ruffle front cotton knit dress, eshakti.com with a tank top underneath for the modesty; black flyaway cardigan, August Silk via TJ Maxx
  • Shoes & Accessories: black patent leather t-strap pumps, LOFT; silver labradorite earrings, Pennyweights; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF

This picture is really bittersweet. I love the outfit, I think it's a fantastic professional and chic ensemble. How could it not be? There is tweed. Unfortunately that dress was eaten alive by moths and because it's tweed it was completely un-salvageable, sad face. At least the last time I got to wear it was a beautiful outfit. I'm also feeling ok because I still have a snazzy matching blazer in the same pattern to remember it by. I don't know who would ever wear them together but, they are great separates.
  • Top: blue tweed sheath dress, K Studio via The Unique Thrift Store; gray ruffle embellished cardigan, LOFT/gift from BF's parent's 
  • Shoes & Accessoriesblack patent leather t-strap pumps, LOFT; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF

I feel like this is a very underutilized shirt. I rarely ever wear it but, it's a good professional layering piece. When I move into my next role I will definitely make a point to use it more!
  • Topteal embellished t-shirt, New York & Company; black blazer, Ann Taylor via Melissa
  • Bottom: gray pants, New York & Company
  • Shoes & Accessoriesblack ruffle embellished flats, Audrey Brooke via DSW; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


This outfit is kind of blah but, I am loving my hair. The curls are in check and look very smooth and polished. Unfortunately those only lasts for a day, maybe less. If anything is taking away from this outfit it's the weird layering bunching at the bottom, I guess it's the price of "the modesty"...
  • Toppurple scoopneck sweater, GAP outlet (same shirt different color herehere, here, here, and here) with a tank top underneath for the modesty; black cardigan, Merona for Target
  • Bottom: beige pinstripe pants, LOFT/gift from BF
  • Shoes & Accessoriessilver Stella wedge pumps, Seychelles via DSW; signature clover chandelier earrings, Stella & DotNeverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


This outfit is cool, my hair is whatevs but, it's an outside picture so everything is FABULOUS! 
  • Toppink sweater with black trim, Alfani via Macy's via Mom; gray cardigan, New York & Company
  • Bottom: black and white pinstripe skirt, Calvin Klein via SYMS (part of this suit)
  • Shoes & Accessoriessilver Stella wedge pumps, Seychelles via DSW; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


I love this outfit, it's so simple but, so awesome. I remember this was a work to dinner outfit. BF and I had gone to a local restaurant for dinner, this pic was actually taken on our walk home. I love my neighborhood because it's in New York City but, it's still got some green!
  • Topblack and white polka dot dress, Forever 21 via The Big Fat Flea; gray and white pinstripe blazer, Calvin Klein via Loehmanns (part of this suit)
  • Shoes & Accessoriesblack peep-toe wedges, Dr. Scholl's via Macy's; pearl earrings, Macys/gift from Mom; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


This outfit was really great in theory but, I remember it being another layering debacle  There were so many layers and it was kind of uncomfortable. Maybe if I hadn't held it all together with the belt it wouldn't have felt so constricting. On the other hand, I think the belt ties it together nicely, perhaps a slimmer belt? How would you make this outfit more interesting.
  • Topblack and white faux wrap dress, Merona for Target with a tank top underneath for the modesty; gray ruffle embellished sweater, LOFT/gift from BF parent's 
  • Shoes & Accessoriesblack peep-toe wedges, Dr. Scholl's via Macy's; pearl earrings, Macys/gift from Mom; black belt, came with this Adrienne Vitadinni dress; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF

There are some really picturesque areas where I live, most of them have to do with the river within walking distance. I love the setting of this picture. In terms of the outfit, I like it too, it feels very chic! It's also very similar to another way I wore this dress, I'm running out of options but, it's such a great dress, much thanks to the person who previously loved it. 
  • Topblack sheath dress, no tag via The Big Fat Flea; brown and black zebra print cardigan, New York & Company
  • Shoes & Accessoriesblack peep-toe wedges, Dr. Scholl's via Macy's; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


I really need some more focus in my life... hardy har har. I'm going to say that this was probably another one of those ordinary days. 

  • Topred floral embellished top, Simply Vera Vera Wang via Kohl's; black and white pinstripe blazer, Calvin Klein via SYMS
  • Bottom: gray pants, New York & Company
  • Shoes & Accessoriesblack peep toe wedges, Payless/gift from BF; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF

 

This outfit was a work to after work ensemble. It went over well in the office with my co-workers, don't really remember my boss' reaction but, I will say it was a total hit at the party. Now I just need to find a job where my fashionista tendencies will be appreciated! 
    • Toporange dolman sleeve top, Xhiliration for Target;
  • Bottomyellow, brown, and colorful plaid skirt, WDNY via Loehmann's
  • Shoes & Accessoriesbrown giraffe print peep toe shoes, Adrienne Vitadinni via DSW/gift from BFcoin pearl necklace, V'ta jewelry; coin pearl earrings, borrowed from Mom then altered by me; silver watch, Fossil; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


Vest are phenomenal! I feel like they are a very underutilized in my own wardrobe as well as others'. When vests have a pattern or are an interesting color they really add to your entire ensemble. Not to self: buy wear vests more often.

  • Topgray, yellow, and white argyle vest, New York & Company (same vest different color here and here); white ruffle button down blouse, LOFT
  • Bottom: black wide leg pants, New York & Company
  • Shoes & Accessoriessilver cutout flats, Corso Como via DSW; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF

This outfit is cute and professional but, how did I get away with those flip flop?! This is definitely while my ankle was in serious healing mode (you can see some bruising) and I was wearing a really unflattering splint/brace which I took off for most of my photos. I got away with wearing flip flops with quite a few outfits thanks to that brace and my wonky ankle.
  • Top: red and white polka dot dress, Old Navy with a tank top underneath for the modesty; gray cardigan, New York & Company
  • Shoes & Accessories: gray flip flops, Old Navy; pearl earrings, Macys/gift from Mom; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


Here's that dress again... It's a really great but, I feel like I might be wearing it a little too much. I think I need more yellow and butterfly options. I'm slowly exhausting all the ways to wear this dress without repeating an outfit, pretty soon it's all going to come down to the shoes, then what will I do? 
  • Top: yellow ruffle front cotton knit dress, eshakti.com
  • Shoes & Accessoriesturquoise peep toe flats, Xhiliration via Target;  floral wire earrings, MOMA/gift from an old friend; silver watch, Fossil; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


Bamn, last outfit... for now. This dress is a amazing summer piece that just say in my closet untouched until this picture. It was almost a last ditch, better wear this while I can kind of thing. I'm glad I did and also that I got to take a magical outside picture. I will definitely have to remember not to wait until the last moment possible to wear this dress again, it really is a lovely summer sundress. 
  • Top: blue metallic embellished dress, Micheal by Micheal Kors via Loehmanns/gift from Mom; khaki safari jacket (same jacket different color hereherehereherehere, and here)  
  • Shoes & Accessoriessilver Genero Sandal, SE Boutique via DSW; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


Don't forget to enter to win a $75 gift certificate from Shabby Apple!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...