Monday, November 8, 2010

November 8, 2010: Happy Monday

Happy Monday! It seems a bit backwards that I am in such a positive mood considering the grayness caused by a nor'easter (hence the clenched fists and wind blown hair in my pic, it's cold!) that my tri-state area is dealing with today. If there was any way to keep you in the Monday doldrums yucky weather would be it but, I am feeling fine. Maybe it's these fun tights...

In the spirit of practicality I have decided to wear my awesome new rain boots again. I definitely feel like Erin from Work With What You've Got; Cute dress, fun socks, and kick ass boots, an excellent combination for whoever is sporting it! 

Lastly to all the brave souls who are taking part in Kendi's 30 for 30 challenge. I wish you the best of luck! I'm definitely making it sound more dramatic than it really is... you'll all do great! Every time it comes up I think about doing it but, I can't bring myself to jump on board. I am already remixing the heck out of my wardrobe and to limit it so extremely seems insurmountable. Sorry my flair for drama is getting away from me again. Bad flair! Come back... 
  • Top: black lace dress, H&M via Unique Thrift Shop/gift from Mom with a tank top underneath for the modesty 
  • Shoes & AccessoriesRegal black rain boot, courtesy of Cougar; purple tights, Duane Reade; gray shell earrings, gift from BF's mom; yellow alley bag

8 comments:

  1. Love this look. Simple but still something fun. Digging the boots too. Lord knows I need some good rain boots around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I know what you mean by the 30 for 30. I'm on somewhat of a shopping diet and restricting it further didn't seem very fun!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool - love the boots!

    You know, I have been looking for some good purple tights like that forever - everything I've found has been too pink. I'll be in NYC in a few weeks, might have to stop in a Duane Reade...

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking great. Love your blog. Keep in touch!

    xx
    Sahi
    www.barelyvogue.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe it was the tights or maybe it's that you look so chic!

    I'm wondering about my sanity in choosing to do the 30x30 so shortly before I have to move and give up most of my wardrobe....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the purple tights! the weather this morning (or all of today) was crazy too. I don't envy any of 30 for 30ers. I tried a few capsule challenges but they aren't very fun. I'd rather enjoy all of my closet, rather than letting it waste.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! The tights really add a special pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great outfit, lady. The purple and black together really pop and the boots are super fun.

    I'm oding the 30 for 30 and thus far it hasn't been too hard. In a week or two, though, I think I'm really going to be hating these clothes...or loving them like someone I was trapped with during a bank robbery or an avalanche. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...