Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December 1, 2010: A Surprise

There is a crazy rainstorm going on outside but, it's ok I have something special to look forward to tonight and that is definitely putting a smile on my face! Whenever BF says he has a surprise for me we all know it's gonna be good. With that in mind I had to keep my outfit away from the super casual side of things since I will be heading straight into midtown after work. I think the boots will transition appropriately despite all the rubber because of these awesome motorcycle details!

Maybe I'm over-dressing for this event tonight but, I was taught (and still firmly believe) that when you head to a show or any sort of live theatre(ish) production that you dress it up a little. I'm not talking black tie fancy but, definitely not ratty jeans and a t-shirt.  It completely irks me when you are going to the ballet or a musical and people are wearing something that doesn't look appropriate for grocery shopping let alone a night out. Do you agree? What would you wear for a night out on the town?
  • Top: purple scoopneck sweater vest, New York and Company with a tank top underneath for the modesty; gray flyaway cardigan, New York and Company
  • Bottom: black pencil skirt (with pockets), Old Navy
  • Shoes & AccessoriesRegal black rain boot, courtesy of Cougar (please don't forget to take the survey is you haven't already); black tights, Just My Size via CVS; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.; silver bag, L.A.M.B via Loehmanns

Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed here, here, here, here, herehere, here, here, here, and here.

3 comments:

  1. I 100% agree. Dressing up a bit for a night out helps set the atmosphere for the event. Even for a low key night a the movies I don't want to see people in their pjs (and I've seen it!). And I think you've nailed the balance between casual and dress here. Lovely as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I agree! I'm generally overdressed for everything, so an actual outing is all the more reason.

    You look really lovely, and I can't wait to hear about how the night went!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to find out what your big surprise is! This is a great transitional look.
    And I totally agree with you: if you're going out, you should be dressed appropriately for the situation. That means no stilettos at the amusement park and no pajamas if you're outside your house.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...