Monday, April 12, 2010

April 12, 2010

Happy Monday to all! I hope this week is a good one for you! I've got doctor's appointment, meetings, presentations, and a job fair (as a recruiter) so... you will potentially get to see lots of different looks from me.

I only have two complaints about Lucy. First, I'm not exactly sure where to put her. She is now taking up random space in my hallway that used to be nice and empty which is fine for now but, a better permanent solution would be nice. For now it's going to take some getting used to waking up first thing in them morning walking out of my bedroom with no glasses on and seeing what sleepy blind me perceives to be a blurry menacing headless figure... not cool. The other is that she is 100% NOT my size. If you took a gander at the picture of her yesterday you might notice that she is probably about a size 2. Now that is not to say that there is anything wrong with being a size 2 just that, I am not! I have to pin my clothes on her to make it look not tent like. That is all going to take some getting used to and, while there is nothing wrong with being my size either, the pinning makes me feel fat, so much extra cloth!

I don't want to start this week off too negatively though. I am glad to say that Lucy helps me have everything together in the morning. It is a project to dress her because although she might appear to be thin and plastic the metal base weighs a ton. So, in order to avoid any lateness of me on her part I picked out my outfit last night... after I checked the weather and saw what a gorgeous day it is going to be!

Since I don't really have anything going on other than a doctor's appointment it's pretty standard business casual for me:
  • Top: dark brown short sleeved sweater from Gap outlet (they have great basics) with a white tank top underneath (for the modesty)
  • Bottom: yellow skirt with brown polka dots, Merona for Target (FYI if you pick up the May 2010 edition of Everyday with Rachael Ray there is a 20% off Merona coupon in there, or you could just rip it out at the checkout... either way)
  • Shoes & Accessories: purple faux suede Mossimo flats from Target almost identical to these, V'ta coin pearl necklace, and gray Balenciaga Le-Dix/motorcycle bag

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...