Thursday, April 22, 2010

April 22, 2010 - Happy Earth Day!

Also, Happy Belated Administrative Professionals Day! I totally forgot, silly me. Though, when I realized that it was I became a little bummed because no one did anything for me this year. While technically I'm not sure if I fall into the category of "Administrative Professional", I got free lunch last year, what gives?











In the spirit of Earth Day I scoured my closet for something to wear that I felt would be a good representation of "being green". I decided that I would try to find things that are second hand and throw together an outfit with that because the average American throws away 68 pounds of textiles per year only 10 of which are recycled. Thrifting and buying vintage isn't only for style it's to help the Earth!

Thankfully, when my dear friend Melissa moved to London I inherited a bunch of her clothes during the closet purge/packing extravaganza and my mom is always giving me things after she wears them once or twice and decides that's enough for her... In the end, I think this entire experience is a movement towards "being green" because it's more about working with what you have not, buying tons of thing to make new outfits and adding to it. It's no Uniform Project (which is wrapping up in 10 days, kudos! see here for more info) but, it works for me! How are you celebrating Earth Day? On to my outfit:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...