Thursday, May 28, 2015

Jacket Strongly Suggested

While I love mixing and matching separates as much as the next person sometimes you just want to wear a suit. Whether it is because the situation expressly calls for it or you are just feeling that a suit is more appropriate it is good to have at least one good suit in your wardrobe as a standby for such occasions. Even though I have amassed a moderate suit wardrobe none of them fit me (as you all know) and that is getting old. I think it's time to suck it up and buy at least one new suit even if I could still end up losing more face because today is one of those work days where a suit would have been more appropriate

Even though I feel like a suit might have been a more appropriate ensemble today, I am in love with the skirt I am wearing. Yay, other clothes too! But, I digress... first of all it's tweed and we all know how I feel about that. Secondly, if you look closely you'll see, the tweed has a rainbow of colors integrated amidst the overall black and white color combo. When I came across it in Goodwill I was drawn to the tweed but, I couldn't put it down after I tried it on because of all the subtle colors. What was the last item you can across while shopping that was just meant to be part of your wardrobe?
  • Top: red ruffled embellished tank top, apostrophe via Goodwill; black blazer, Ann Taylor
  • Bottom: rainbow tweed skirt, Tahari via Goodwill
  • Shoes & Accessories: black black pumps, bflexible by Bandolino; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co. 

I most recently wore this blazer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...