Monday, January 3, 2011

January 3, 2011: New Year, New Shoes

I feel like I haven't been at work for at least two or more weeks, how about you? With all the craziness of the holidays and snowmageddon it's only actually been about 10 days, my internal clock must be busted. I wonder who you call to get those fixed...

Today the snow is melting but, I really wanted to bust out my new boots. Santa was very kind to me this Christmas and left these lovelies waiting for me under the tree:


Since those didn't fit I exchanged them for these:

They have the best support and actually fit my larger than average calves. Also the delicate floral embossing around the cuff is a lovely subtle detail. On top of the aesthetics these boots are environmentally friendly with a 100% recycled lining and aged oak wood heel on top of a Green Rubber outsole made with 42% recycled material. I wish they were a little taller but, am excited to have found such an ideal pair of riding boots after my long search. I can't wait to style them other ways! How would you wear these fabulous boots?
  • Top: red floral print top, Old Navy; teal long sleeved shirt, Van Heusen (same shirt different color here)
  • Bottom: black pinstripe suit skirt, Calvin Klein via SYMS
  • Shoes & Accessories: black Madison Heights Tall Boots, Timberland via Santa; In-Power Line Super High Shaping Sheers, Spanx; floral wire earrings, MOMA/gift from an old friend; purple tote bag, Coach

Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed here, here, here, here, here, here, and here:

10 comments:

  1. I love your layering - the floral top with the pinstripe skirt is super cute.
    Also, great score on those boots! I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color of that bag!! ;))
    Stop by my blog if you find the time - comments&followers much appreciated <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pattern mixing! And congrats on the new boots. They look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this has nothing to do with the post Iris, but I must ask, DID YOU GET PRESENTS THAT MUST be added to your "I Complete You" challenge ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did get some but, I have one more friend to meet up with before I update the list. Don't worry I didn't forget :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love new boots. These are so cute. I love the colors on your outfit as well, especially when they are together.

    thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. the madison boots are so cute! Santa was very good to you! I have a pair lined with sherpa and they are crazy comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even though I live in Florida where we never need boots, yours make me want some so bad. They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love the sight of new boots, and ugh, going back to work is never fun!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bag is so cute. I think the whole blogging community had a case of the Mondays today ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...