Friday, May 1, 2015

TGIF and another things

So here we are again! I am loving it aren't you? Well, you will be. Why? Because, I said so. Now that we got that awkward turtle moment out of the way we can talk about other things like my face... One thing that you might notice if you have been clicking through pictures here on 260 Days, No Repeats is my general appearance. If you have taken time to compare it to my general appearance on (the now defunct) 260 Day Redux you might notice something (substantially?) different.



That's right, there is a bit less face as of late and you would be correct in assuming that there is a bit less of all of me. I have been going to the gym in an attempt to be a healthier, happier me. There have been some positive side effects (less of me) and some less happy side effects (fewer clothing options.) My weight loss has been substantial enough that there are lots of items I can't wear anymore because they are falling off, swimming on me, allowing too much skin to show, etc. It has been truly bitter sweet to say goodbye to old clothing favorites while shopping for new clothes out of sheer necessity. It has also been challenging for me to come to terms with this new body. I am happy, don't get me wrong but, I can't remember a time when I was ever this small in my entire tween/young adult life and I am experiencing a disconnect (at times) to say the least.

Enough about my face let's talk about my clothes. It's Friday (yay) and, unlike my old company, my current company practices Casual Friday as a regular thing (thank goodness!) I have heard/read that flared jeans are the way for spring and that skinnys are a thing of the past. That's great for everyone who isn't a (physically) hippy person but, not for those of us that are. I don't mind giving the skinny jeans a rest every now and then but, I won't be trading them in for flared jeans anytime soon. Then again maybe my new body would look good in flared jeans... I might need to explore that option the next time I go shopping. What is your take on the new 70's denim vibe? Are you already in flares or are you holding on to your skinny jeans?
  • Top: pink ruffle embellished t-shirt, Merona for Target; black pinstripe blazer, Calvin Klein
  • Bottom: wide leg jeans, Michael Kors via Ashby
  • Shoes & Accessories: silver cap toe ballet flats, Guiseppe Zanotti via Buffalo Exchange; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co. 

Remember when I used to post links to where wardrobe items were previously seen in an ensemble? No? Well, look at most previous posts. I'm not going to be pulling everything up from the archives but, moving forward I would like to highlight when I utilize an item more than once. Perhaps not the same way, it was extremely laborious. We'll see what I come up with when we get to that point... next week. What? Blazers don't grow on trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...