Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Tweed Day

If you didn't already know, I have a thing for tweed. I will wear it whatever the season and don't necessarily limit it to clothing items (see shoes.) I'm not sure where the attraction comes from but, that's ok. Maybe it's the way that tweed can squeeze lots of colors into one item of clothing or how classic it is (two words: Chanel Suit.) Whatever the reason I have come to terms with my strong affinity for looking like a librarian or a professor. I'll draw the line at shoulder patches but, I digress...

When I saw this tweed blazer on the sale rack at ReDress in Brooklyn many moons ago, before they closed, I was instantly drawn to it (shocker.) To my surprise the blazer had a matching skirt (AKA a suit) but, in all years since I purchased it I haven't ever worn it. It's a shame since both pieces were a little tight when I bought them and are a little lot loose now... I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to be able to pull both pieces off because wearing things that are too big on you is similarly awkward to wearing things that are too small., life lessons.
  • Top: ivory tank top, LOFT; greed tweed blazer, H&M via ReDress
  • Bottom: black pencil skirt, Old Navy
  • Shoes & Accessories: black pumps, bflexible by Bandolino; mother of pearl earrings, Elizabeth Showers Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...