Monday, August 27, 2012

August 17, 2012: A Druzy Of A Time

A few weeks ago I went to a sample sale at W/A Studios in midtown. I found out about it through The Blogger Collective, a fab group of blogging fashionistas that I'm a part of because I'm cool... Anyway, some of the founders happen to know the couple that runs the jewelry design house and arranged a private sale for us with jewelry samples from current and past seasons and a sneak peek at what they are working on for the upcoming seasons. If the company doesn't sound familiar to you don't worry, I couldn't quite place it either but, when I saw some of their offerings I was knew I had seen it before. Their sparkly baubles are sold at big names like Henri Bendel and small specialty boutiques all over the United States, Canada, and Mexico.

While I was there I got some gifts and a few things for myself. When I had this druzy necklace in my hands I fell in love and when the designer found similar earrings it was a done deal. Because I sometimes subscribe to the school of instant gratification I wanted to pair one of those druzy items with whatever I was wearing the next day! Thankfully they are fairly neutral but, let's be honest I would have been hard pressed to find nothing in my extensive wardrobe. I was excited to rock my new earrings but, even more excited for it to be a denim Friday and most excited for my fun after work activity seeing the Yayoi Kusama exhibit at The Whitney Museum... I'm packing all the fun things in before the end of summer (darn it)? What fun things have you done so far?

  • Topblue crochet neck blouse (same shirt different color hereherehereherehereherehere, here, here, and here); beige short sleeved jacket, GAP
  • Bottom: denim pencil skirt, Torrid
  • Shoes & Accessoriessilver Genero Sandal, SE Boutique via DSW; pink druzy earrings, W/A Studios; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF  

Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed here, here, here, herehere, here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...