Saturday, May 5, 2012

April 23, 2012: Monday WIN

Every Monday I wake up and I want to crawl back in bed and call out sick. Sometimes it's because I'm not feeling well rested, sometimes it's because I know there is a to-do list of apartment related tasks that is calling my names but, most of the time it's because I want to cuddle with BF who doesn't work on Monday... that jerk fantastic person. When I can actually resist the urge to call out sick, which is generally every Monday, I am faced with the challenge of dressing as my best professional self despite my urge to reach for the skinny pants and/or flyaway cardigan.

This past Monday was a total win, I wore normal pants and a blazer! Granted these pants are made of a knit material and this pink blouse is basically a t-shirt but, I would still consider it a win, especially for a Monday. The important thing is that I avoided my Monday crutch pieces and persevered with a fairly professional outfit! Do you have the same problem on Mondays? How do you avoid your go to comfy pieces?

  • Top: pink rosette embellished t-shirt, LOFT (same shirt different color here, here, here, and here); gray plaid blazer, Jones New York via Mom
  • Bottom: black knit pants, New York & Company
  • Shoes & Accessories: black ballet flats, Xhiliration for Target; labradorite earrings, Pennyweights; silver watch, Fossil; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF

Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed here, here, here, here,  here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...