Monday, February 6, 2012

February 6, 2012: One of Those People

First I wanted to talk to you about what my new plans are for 260 Days, No Repeats. Although I have been experiencing some difficulties making my personal schedule and the blog work together I am committed to finding a way. That being said I would also like not to go crazy so, I have come up with a new plan and will only be posting three days a week. I will still put all my outfits up you just might be getting two scheduled post instead of something I do in the morning before I leave for work. Maybe as I fall into this new schedule then I will take it back up to five days a week, we shall see...

I also have a confession to make, I was one of those people who was up early waiting checking for Jason Wu for Target to be available online. When it was finally up and not giving me error messages (you still have some kinks to work out Target) this dress AKA the only thing that I was interested in was only available for purchase in store, figures. Because I am generally up at the crack of dawn on Sundays to get an early start on my groceries I figured I would swing by Target on the way and see if the dress was available. If you follow me on Twitter you might have noticed the escapades as I was politely battling the swarm of trendy ladies (and the occasional boyfriend) for anything related to Jason Wu.

After all the craziness I found what I was looking for on the discard rack in the dressing room. After I tried it on, decided it was perfect, and wandered around the store I decided it would be best to head out because people kept coming up to me and asking me if I was going to take the dress, awkward... I was curious to see the purses and the light blue striped skirt but, the people who had showed up before the store opened were still shopping, bartering, and checking out in droves with carts full of the good stuff. It was really disappointing overall but, I'm really glad I found what I was looking for!

While I am excited to wear this new dress because it's a symbol of my victory fabulous and comfy BF noted that it is a perfect color combo for the Giants Superbowl victory. While I am not much of a football fan (and those are pink stripes not whiter) I wonder if anyone else will make the same connection? I am even more excited to be able to wear it when the weather gets warmer with some fun sandals but, I digress... The bottom line is that the dress is perfect for work and the dinner plans I have after for starters.

Did anyone else brave their local Target for a chance at Jason Wu? What did you get?
  • Top: navy poplin dress, Jason Wu for Target; gray plaid blazer, Jones New York via Mom
  • Shoes & Accessories: black pumps, Nine West; pearl earrings, birthday gift from Mom via Macy's; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF 


Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed here, here, here, and here.

Don't forget to enter the giveaway for a Shopbop giftcard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...