Thursday, January 10, 2013

Unposted Outfits: Summer 2011

Now that I have some free time on my hands, for obvious reasons, I decided to do some housekeeping. I have honestly worn a different outfit to work everyday for the last three(ish) years but, with my last position taking up an immense amount of my time it became a struggle to post everything as I had been from the beginning. But, as I said there were pictures pretty much everyday so now I am going to go through them and sort out the fab outfits that you haven't seen yet. Get ready for some throwbacks... 

You've already caught a glimpse of this outfit when I talked about my purchases and acquisitions for July 2011 but, I never put up a post. I don't remember exactly what I was doing that day but, it was definitely work related and obviously fun-tastic... can't you see that smile on my face? That dress was a great addition to my wardrobe thanks to a dear friend's closet clean out. What girl doesn't need another little black dress, especially when it's free?
  • Top: second hand black dress, Mossimo for Target via Caroline with a tank top underneath for the modesty
  • Shoes & Accessories: silver cutout flats, Corso Como via DSW

I really have no idea what was going on this day but, given the level of comfort happening with this outfit I'm going to guess it was a Friday. Now I appreciate the craziness effectiveness of my original method of tracking my outfits. When I get back into wearing work outfits there is going to be a revival! These polka dot shirts are some of the comfiest that I own and I have had them forever! Do you have pieces in your closet like that? Shirts? Pants? Do tell... 
  • Top: blue and white polka dot shirt, Old Navy (same shirt different color hereherehere)
  • Bottom: gray pants, New York & Company
  • Shoes & Accessoriesred Bridget Thong Sandal, LOFT/gift from mom; pearl earrings, Macys/gift from Mom; silver watch, Fossil

There are few things that struck me about this photo: Firstly, look at how short my hair is!!! I know it's not considerable shorter than in all of these other pictures but, curls definitely take some length. I think it will probably be a while before I get my hair cut that short again... While I love the idea of this outfit it doesn't work... the skirt is too tight (I probably haven't worn it since) and the shirt is just a t-shirt. Perhaps a blazer would have helped make it a little more professional... next time but, no repeats
  • Top: green and white scroll print t-shirt, LOFT
  • Bottom: beige pinstripe skirt, New York & Company
  • Shoes & Accessoriessilver Stella wedge pumps, Seychelles via DSW; gray head band, scuunci; mixed metal earrings, Modcloth/gift from Natalia; silver watch, Fossil


There must have been a noise in the hallway or something... or I was bored with picture taking; Either is a strong possibility. This outfit just screams 'warm weather' to me with the combination of one of my favorite summer colors, the picnic table cloth plaid skirt, and the fab sandals. While it was definitely a work outfit I would wear it to hang out with friends or run errands. What work outfits do double duty for you?
  • Top: orange crochet neck blouse, LOFT (same shirt different color here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here) with a tank top underneath for the modesty
  • Bottom: orange, beige, and brown plaid skirt, LOFT 
  • Shoes & Accessories: gladiator sandals, Christian Siriano for Payless


I'm glad that I had at least made it outside during the day for one picture!  I'm obvi exaggerating but, hopefully in whatever my next job role is I will have time to keep doing the things that I enjoy like blogging and laundry groceries cleaning spending time with friends etc. In terms of the outfit, this is another one my favorite color combos. You can't go wrong with red, black, and white it's so classic! Also, seeing this outfit is a nice reminder of a great shirt which no longer has real estate in my closet AKA I donated it. After lots and lots of outfits (and washes) it shrunk quite a bit and wasn't flattering anymore. I hope it's found a nice new home in someone else's wardrobe.
  • Topred embellished t-shirt, Van Heusen outlet (same shirt different color here)
  • Bottom black, gray, and white skirt (with pockets), Target
  • Shoes & Accessoriessilver Genero Sandal, SE Boutique via DSW; coin pearl earrings, borrowed from Mom then altered; silver watch, Fossil

Stay tuned for more unposted outfits as I go through the innumerable amount of photos on my computer. Up next... Fall 2011? Wow, we are really going WAY back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...