Saturday, May 5, 2012

April 23, 2012: Monday WIN

Every Monday I wake up and I want to crawl back in bed and call out sick. Sometimes it's because I'm not feeling well rested, sometimes it's because I know there is a to-do list of apartment related tasks that is calling my names but, most of the time it's because I want to cuddle with BF who doesn't work on Monday... that jerk fantastic person. When I can actually resist the urge to call out sick, which is generally every Monday, I am faced with the challenge of dressing as my best professional self despite my urge to reach for the skinny pants and/or flyaway cardigan.

This past Monday was a total win, I wore normal pants and a blazer! Granted these pants are made of a knit material and this pink blouse is basically a t-shirt but, I would still consider it a win, especially for a Monday. The important thing is that I avoided my Monday crutch pieces and persevered with a fairly professional outfit! Do you have the same problem on Mondays? How do you avoid your go to comfy pieces?

  • Top: pink rosette embellished t-shirt, LOFT (same shirt different color here, here, here, and here); gray plaid blazer, Jones New York via Mom
  • Bottom: black knit pants, New York & Company
  • Shoes & Accessoriesblack ballet flats, Xhiliration for Target; labradorite earrings, Pennyweights; silver watch, Fossil; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF

Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed here, here, here, here,  hereherehereherehereherehere, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...