Thursday, April 12, 2012

April 11, 2011: Pattern Mixing Forever

One of the things that this blog and blogging community have given me (and I am most grateful for) is a variety of completely different perspectives on how to pair pieces of clothing from my closet together. Old me would have focused on pairing things that were very matchy matchy together thinking that it would make an amazing outfit. Throughout this experience I’ve learned that while being simple or classic is ok it is also great to break out of your comfort zone and push you personal style boundaries.


For me one of the most concrete examples of this was pattern mixing. I know I have sung it’s praises before but, yesterday the realization of how much this expands the potential of my wardrobe became completely clear to me all over again. Prior to this experience I would have never paired this gray and blue plaid blazer with this pink and navy striped shirt, craziness. Let along pairing the two pieces with a black skirt. I might have gone blue or gray but, not (gasp) black. The possibilities are endless, I really could keep remixing forever! It’s nice to have these moments where the possibilities are endless…
  • Toppink and blue striped t-shirt, Old Navy; gray plaid blazer, Jones New York via Mom
  • Bottom: black pencil skirt (with pockets), Old Navy
  • Shoes & Accessories: black pumps, Nine West;  silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.; silver watch, Fossil; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed  here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...