Thursday, April 8, 2010

April 8, 2010

It's almost Friday and I could not be more excited for this week to be over,... there's nothing heinous going on at work but, spring fever is setting in and all I want to do is be outside even if it is a little overcast!

You may or may not have noticed the difference between the bottom of the sweater and the opening of the skirt. That is due to some craftiness on my (but, mostly my mom's) part... I have had that skirt for a LONG time and absolutely love it first of all because it's classic but also because it had the modern twist of pockets! I LOVE pockets on skirts and dresses. In the past few years I have shed some weight and that skirt is from heavier days. I asked my mom (the expert seamstress) to take up the hem a few inches to a normal knee length because it now sits on my hips and the hem was at my mid calf. The project was a huge success!

I highly recommend altering clothes before you chuck them and go buy new stuff, even if you don't have an expert seamstress like my mom. What you spend in tailoring for a raised hem or adding some buttons will most likely be less then a new piece of clothes and is more than worth it if you love that item.

On to the actual outfit...

  • Top: gray short sleeve sweater with green and white argyle from Target. This is another classic item that Target has rolled out this year (but I bought last year) as well with a slightly different twist.
  • Bottom: black pencil skirt from Old Navy.
  • Shoes & Accessories: black patent leather T-straps from LOFT, jade earrings from Elizabeth Showers Vintage, and yes... you guessed it the purple Coach bag (not pictured)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...