Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February 7, 2012: Sticking With It

I came back!!! I'm holding to this new staggered schedule gosh darn-nit... Since picture taking Sunday happened this weekend I am able to reap the benefits of having my outfits all planned out when I wake up in the morning. It keeps me from wanting to rip my hair out because I can't find anything to wear or being too schlumpy because I just grab the first thing that I find but, most importantly it keeps me from being late to work... so far, so good.

One of the things that I have learned from this overall experience is that a sweater vest is a great was to cover up potential gaping in a button down shirt. I understand, this isn't a problem for everyone but, the inability to wear button down shirts without buttons popping open is an issue for me no matter what size I get. I know there are worse things but, it can be frustrating. While my high school dress code (you will never see me in a crested blazer ever!) has definitely put me off collared shirts as an everyday thing, every once and a while I think it might look nice. Thank goodness for sweater vests and fashion tape!

What wardrobe tips and tricks have you picked up through your blogging experience or just in general?

  • Top: gray pinstripe button down shirt, The Limited via The Unique Thrift Store; purple argyle vest, New York & Company (same vest different color here, here, and here
  • Bottom: black pencil skirt (with pockets), Old Navy
  • Shoes & Accessories: black pumps, Nine West; pearl earrings, birthday gift from Mom via Macy's; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF 



Items from this outfit can be previously seen and remixed here, here, here, here, here, here, and here


Don't forget to enter the giveaway for a Shopbop giftcard!!

2 comments:

  1. Great pattern mixing! As for tips/tricks, blogging has taught me the joys of layering. Gives new life to old pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Layering is tricky for me, I always feel too bulky...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...