Monday, November 5, 2012

November 5, 2012: I'm Back, It's Cold

First and foremost I would like to ask you all how you are doing? Were you at affected by the most recent weather-pocalypse? I was but, in only mildly annoying ways; I didn't lose power, I didn't lose hot water, I didn't even lose cable. I was however trapped in my apartment for a week and couldn't get to the office or anywhere else for the matter... When I finally did venture out I started to run low on gas and now I can't use my car either until that whole mess gets sorted out. Overall, I consider myself very lucky and blessed but, I can't wait for everything to go back to normal for everyone. 

Since everything is slowly but, surely going back to normal heading to the office today was inevitable and welcomed. When I checked the weather I was happy to see that the seasons are finally starting to shift appropriately. Don't get me wrong I love the heat but, I also enjoy the seasons and this fall has been a bit tepid for my taste. I'm sure I will be regretting those words after a few weeks of cold...  I bundled up when I left this morning to catch my train and I was glad for it. Even when I got to the office I was comfortable in my  chic turtleneck and blazer combo that is, until the afternoon when they started blasting heat. I was melting... I hope that I can predict the weather/office climate better tomorrow. How do you dress professionally for the cold weather/hot office combo?
  • Top: gray turtleneck sweater, GAP; black pinstripe blazer, Calvin Klein (part of this suit)
  • Bottom: red a-line skirt, Ben Sherman
  • Shoes & Accessoriesblack ballet flats, Xhiliration for Target; black Hanes Silk Reflections tights courtesy of Hanes via Robert Verdi's Luxe Lab; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF

Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed herehereherehereherehere, here, here, and here.

Don't forget to enter to win a $100 gift certificate from Shopbop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...