Thursday, January 24, 2013

Unposted Outfits: Winter 2011/2012

While searching through old pictures I have not posted I was pleased to find that most of the pictures for the months following my last post of random forgotten ensembles were accounted for except for what I thought was just this one random cold weather outfit. I'm wasn't really sure why it slipped through the cracks since so many other outfits from that week made it but, c'est la vie. I feel like there might have been some days that I didn't take pictures since there are so few postings in this time frame... I had the best intentions though. I know there are more outfits coming so stay tuned.
  • Top: orange v-neck sweater, Banana Republic with a tank top underneath for the modesty; green khaki blazer, GAP
  • Bottomblack true straight pants, GAP/gift from BF
  • Shoes & Accessories: silver hardware embellished flats, Preview via Nordstrom Rack; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF

Then I started looking for Spring 2012 outfits and I found more from that season.... So. Many. More. I can't believe that I was such a bad blogger. I will say that in looking through all the pictures this dress specifically was a "go-to" piece. I attribute it to my commitment to wear all the items in my closet and not focus too much on any one item. In doing that, some items end up getting more focus than others, ironic.
  • Top: yellow ruffle front cotton knit dress, eshakti.com; black blazer, Ann Taylor via Melissa 
  • Shoes & Accessories: black ballet flats, Mossimo via Target; maroon tights, Comfort Choice/Christmas Gift from Cousin V; Amelia Earrings, Stella & DotNeverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF

One thing that I have noticed with my work wardrobe for my most recent position is that there are some days where I am SO professional and to me most of the time it feels SO boring. Since I went suit shopping there has definitely been some improvement in my professional wardrobe options but, that doesn't mean that I want to wear the same five suits every week. Conflict and frustration... and it's visible in the way I dress. There are some days that are so professional and some that are obviously not. Looking back I see why there might have been complaints because the difference was extreme. New plan in the next job... consistent professionalism!
  • Top: brown and cream argyle sweater, Merona via Target (same sweater different color here, here); gray pinstripe blazer, Calvin Klein via Loehmanns
  • Bottom: gray pinstripe skirt, Calvin Klein via Loehmanns
  • Shoes & Accessories: brown pumps, Candies via Kohl's; pearl earrings, Macys/gift from Mom; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF

I love argyle almost as much as I love lamp tweed. It's such a fun way to spice up your everyday wardrobe  for work or anything else in a classic manner... It might be a little too preppy for some people but, I am drawn to it no matter what.
  • Toppink argyle sweater, IZOD via ReDress
  • Bottom: black and white tweed skirt, Isaac Mizrahi for Target via Unique Thrift Store 
  • Shoes & Accessoriesblack Mirage boots, courtesy of Cougar Boots black tights, Hanes Silk Reflections courtesy of Hanes via Robert Verdi's Luxe Labpearl earrings, Macys/gift from Mom; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF

While, I would assume that this was a Friday outfit it might not have been. I had to buy those pants when I got to work because the ones that I had worn to work got unacceptably dirty. There is a GAP across the street from my old office and it was a blessing and a curse. On one hand I was able to find a pair of pants that worked in a pinch, on the other hand the GAP tends to be a little too pricey for me. Thankfully, I found these jeans on super sale and BF offered to foot the bill. Crisis averted! Too bad they are not the best fit. They had a nice home in my desk at work just in case I found myself in a similar situation again and will probably make there way back there at my next job. Do you keep any emergency clothes at the office? 
  • Top: gray turtleneck sweater, GAP
  • Bottom: black legging jeans, GAP/gift via BF
  • Shoes & Accessories: red patent leather ballet flats, Payless; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


While the last outfit might have probably been a Friday outfit I would bet that this was a Monday outfit. Why? Because Monday = suit day! I feel even more strongly because, I obvi had the weekend to get my hair did (by myself) and am ready to start another week. Most people are completely unmotivated by Monday's but, I (on some level) find them refreshing (sometimes.) It's a new start. I wonder if I will feel that way after I start working again...

  • Topred embellished sweater, RED via Loehmanns/gift from Mom; black and white pinstripe blazer, Calvin Klein via SYMS
  • Bottom: black and white pinstripe blazer, Calvin Klein via SYMS
  • Shoes & Accessories: black pumps, Nine West/gift from BF; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


Who knows what day this is. Obvi it wasn't a great one since my cat has come over to love me... or maybe he's hungry. Who knows. I am speculating significantly about what going on in many of these pictures. It's been almost a year for some of these and I would guess that the days that I can't really recall details about were just ordinary days. This ordinary outfit would lead me to believe that this days was potentially even a blah day.
  • Top: dark brown scoopneck sweater, GAP (same sweater different color here and here) with a tank top underneath for the modesty; brown houndstooth jacket, LOFT
  • Bottom: gray pants, New York & Company
  • Shoes & Accessoriesbrown/black snake embossed ballet flats, Xhiliration for Target; coin pearl necklace, V'ta jewelry; coin pearl earrings, borrowed from Mom then altered by me; silver watch, Fossil; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


I'm going to say that this was probably another one of those ordinary days. 
  • Topcream lace top, Merona for Target with a tank top underneath for the modesty; gray flyaway cardigan, New York & Company
  • Bottomblack really skinny pants, GAP
  • Shoes & Accessories: red patent leather ballet flats, Payless; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


Love this outfit! I would wear it (or something like it) out to run some errands, meet someone for lunch, or just hang out with friends day or night. It is a really great example of my casual style. I remember this was an especially successful charity Friday and it was a good day! 
  • Top: gray v-neck blouse, Old Navy with a tank top underneath for the modesty; black and white pinstripe blazer, Calvin Klein via SYMS
  • Bottom: skinny jeans, Forever21
  • Shoes & Accessories: black ballet flats, Mossimo via Target; estate chandelier earrings, Stella & Dot; silver watch, Fossil; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


I hope that every outfit picture I take from this moment on is outside and on a day as lovely as this one obviously was. Such a great setting makes everything about these pictures look better. The lighting is perfect, the colors are more vibrant, my skin seems clearer, I look skinnier, and everything is great. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit but, I love the way these outdoor pictures came out and aspire to take more of these moving forward!
  • Toporange ballet neck chiffon flower top, New York & Company
  • Bottom: black and white pinstripe skirt, Calvin Klein via SYMS
  • Shoes & Accessories: black pumps, Nine West/gift from BF; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.; silver watch, Fossil; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


No I wasn't exaggerating these outdoor pictures are the best EVER in every way! I remember this outfit being really comfortable. That is my favorite part of dresses in general, the extreme level of comfort. I feel like if I could wear dresses everyday I would but, there are other things to consider like weather, cold, and the fact that sometimes pants are even more comfy that a dress. Decisions, decisions... do you prefer pants or dresses?
  • Toppastel colored dress, axcess for Kohl's via Unique Thrift Store with a tank top underneath for the modesty; black and white pinstripe blazer, Calvin Klein via SYMS 
  • Shoes & Accessories: black pumps, Nine West/gift from BF; mother of pearl drop earrings, V'ta Jewelrysilver watch, Fossil; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF

While this seems like an outfit for just another day my hair looks great and that really adds to the look as a whole. One thing that I have noticed while going through a (seemingly) endless amount of outfit pictures is that if my hair looks weird or frizzy or messy it significantly takes away from the outfit as a whole. Besides the magic of outdoor pictures, I think my hair is looking pretty great and while this outfit might seem a little relaxed I still look polished and professional. All these pieces are coming together...
  • Topgreen and white scroll print t-shirt, LOFT; gray cardigan, New York & Company via Mom's closet clean out
  • Bottomblack true straight pants, GAP
  • Shoes & Accessories: leopard print ballet flats, New York & Company; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.silver watch, Fossil; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


I'm not exactly sure what I am doing in this picture but, I had to post it specifically not one of the other ones that was taken. I look kind of crazy... crazy awesome! O, just crazy? Fine, be that way... I have no idea what kind of message I am trying to convey with my hands but, I'm sure BF got it. 
  • Top: white rosette embellished t-shirt, LOFT (same shirt different color here, here, here, here, here, here, and here); blue tweed blazer, K Studio via The Unique Thrift Store
  • Bottom: gray pants, New York & Company
  • Shoes & Accessories: black ballet flats, Mossimo via Target; signature clover chandelier earrings, Stella & DotNeverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF

It is was cold. I remember taking this picture and just wanting to run back inside because it was so cold. The other thing I remember is that just because it is super cold outside doesn't mean that dirt is solid. You might not have noticed but, my heels are completely sunken in to the dirt, it was a day of learning... 
  • Toppurple vintage dress, Unique Thrift Store via Mom with a tank top underneath for the modesty;  blue embellished cardigan, Merona for Target/b-day gift from BF's parents
  • Shoes & Accessories: gray pumps, Steve Madden; coin pearl earrings, borrowed from Mom then altered by me; silver watch, Fossil; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


And now we are back inside. O well, I think this outfit is a great example of my attempts to take items that I have already worn and remix them. Prior to the start of this personal style challenge I would have worn the dress as a dress only... maybe I would have thrown a cardigan or blazer over it but, I definitely wouldn't have put a button down shirt under a wrap dress, crazy! I'm so glad I've had this fashion metamorphosis. If not my outfits would have been so boring.

  • Topbrown wrap dress, Diane von Furstenberg; white ruffle button down blouse, LOFT; brown tweed blazer with floral details, George via The Unique Thrift Shop 
  • Shoes & Accessories: gray pumps, Steven Madden; Amelia Earrings, Stella & Dot; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF

I love this outfit, LOVE it!  I feel like this outfit is a perfect blend of my style and a professional wardrobe. It's sort of like a suit and incorporates a blazer but, is still quirky and fun in terms of pattern mixing and pops of color. 
  • Topgray, green, and white argyle sweater, Target (same shirt different color here, here, and here); black blazer, Ann Taylor via Melissa 
  • Bottom: black and white tweed skirt, thrifted/no tag
  • Shoes & Accessories: black pumps, Nine West/gift from BF; pearl earrings, Macys/gift from Momsilver watch, Fossil; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


I'm going to say that this ALSO was probably another one of those ordinary days. 
  • Topivory shirt with crochet embellishment with a tank top underneath for the modesty; gray and white pinstripe blazer, Calvin Klein via Loehmanns
  • Bottomblack true straight pants, GAP
  • Shoes & Accessories: black pumps, Nine West/gift from BF; pink chalcedony earrings, V'ta Jewelrysilver watch, Fossil; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


I'm going to say that this ALSO was probably another one of those ordinary days. I'm assuming that these pictures weren't taken one day after the other because those are the same pants... awkward.
  • Topred floral embellished top, Simply Vera Vera Wang via Kohl's; black and white pinstripe blazer, Calvin Klein via SYMS
  • Bottomblack true straight pants, GAP
  • Shoes & Accessories: black pumps, Nine West/gift from BF; my abuela's vintage silver hoops; silver watch, Fossil; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF


I would love to say that this is the last unposted outfit that I have to share with you but, that would be the biggest fib... ever. I have already identified the rouge pictures and am working on the other posts for the all the season up until the present. Hopefully I will be able to remember more about the days as I get closer to the present. Stay tuned! 
  • Top: yellow short sleeved sweater, GAP; black and white polka dot shirt, Merona via Targer; black and white pinstripe blazer, Calvin Klein via SYMS 
  • Bottom: gray pants, New York & Company
  • Shoes & Accessories: black pumps, Nine West/gift from BF; pearl earrings, Macys/gift from Momsilver watch, Fossil; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF

Don't forget to enter to win a $100 gift certificate from Shopbop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...