Monday, February 13, 2012

February 13, 2012: Not Sure How This Happened

I am working with what I have today in an unexpected way! One of the trends that keeps popping up on my radar is peplum. I’ll come right out and say it, I don’t think it works for me at all. My hips don’t lie don’t need any help and in my eyes that is the only things that is accented by a peplum blouse or dress. When I decided to play around with this dress as a top the excess fabric manifested iteself into a faux peplum because of the way it's gathered at the waist. After all, a peplum is is a short flared, gathered, or pleated strip of fabric attached at the waist of a woman's jacket, dress, or blouse that pretty much sums up what happened here, kind of. 

How do you feel about peplums? What trends are you less than excited about?
  • Top: beige, black, and red vintage "Geometry is Sexy" dress, Kathy via Re/Dress NYC; black pinstripe blazer, Calvin Klein via SYMS
  • Bottom: black pinstripe a-line skirt, Calvin Klein via SYMS
  • Shoes & Accessories: black pumps, Nine West; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF

Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

Don't forget to enter the giveaway for a Shopbop giftcard!! 

2 comments:

  1. My hips also don't lie so there's little chance if me rocking a peplum. I like the idea if playing with the placement though and this looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you might be able to make it work for you too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...