Tuesday, December 13, 2011

December 8, 2011: Dinner at Tiffany's

Thursday was definitely my favorite day last week! While the normal hum drum (work, commuting, etc) of my day to day still carried on after hours I went to an amazing event organized by a friend of mine at the Tiffany & Co. flagship store after (free) dinner at the Harvard Club. It was delish and the presentation that we heard was fantastic!

Tiffany & Co. has played a huge role in America's history! It's so much more that the little blue box. Did you know that they make the NFL Heismann trophy or that they designed the seal of the United States that is on the one dollar bill? They have created jewelry for presidents as far back as Abraham Lincoln! I also learned that they have a whole crew of jewelers working on the top floor of the Fifth Avenue store and everything they make is created in NY/NJ, no outsourcing. 

Security Pass 
What was even more amazing about the experience was that the entire store was empty. I can say that I have not been to every floor of the massive store on 5th Avenue because it is always so crowded but, without throngs of tourists it was easy to browse and see what they had to offer. Have you ever been to the Tiffany's store on Fifth Avenue? What did you think of it? While browsing I was even able to try on some really fantastic jewelry as I sipped wine and chatted with my friends. By the way, having something that costs as much as a condo or small house on your finger is very surreal.

Bubbly
Lovely Ladies

Also, I wore clothes... 
  • Topteal embellished t-shirt, New York & Company; gray cardigan, New York & Company via Mom
  • Bottom: black pinstripe skirt, Calvin Klein via SYMS (part of this suit)
  • Shoes & Accessories black ballet flats, Xhiliration via Target; black tights, Hanes Silk Reflections courtesy of Hanes via Robert Verdi's Luxe Lab; blue goldstone earrings, mall kiosk in California; dusty mauve butterfly tote, GAP


Don't forget to enter the $100 Shopbop Gift Card Giveaway!


Don't forget to enter to win the Spanish Steps dress from Shabby Apple!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...