Wednesday, February 15, 2012

February 14, 2012: Happy Anniversary To Me!

One year ago today yesterday I took my first steps into the next leg of my career at a new job! Honestly, it has flown by a bit but, at that same time I feel like I've been there for the longest... Weird, right? Either way, I'm so happy I made this move and am looking forward to what the upcoming year brings me.

One of the things that I am happy about is that my hair has grown considerably since last year; No more Dutch boy haircut for me! Thanks, biotin/fish oil supplements and intrinsic speedy hair growth. Without you, I wouldn't have made it this far. Lesson learned: make sure your translator understands what you want before you let the hair stylist touch you hair or just go to someone who speaks your language...

I wanted to wear something special to celebrate the "momentous" occasion of my job-iversary/Tuesday so I reached for one of my Monif C convertible dresses. They claim that you can tie it into 27+ different ensembles but, after attempting to change it up my verdict is: not really or maybe with some additional assistance. Thank goodness I was wearing a jacket and a tank top because if I hasn't been my co-workers would have been privy some precarious wardrobe moments. Maybe I needed some fashion tape to keep it all together, I probably just need some more practice... Do you have a dress like this? How do you make it work?
  • Top: orange convertible dress, Monif C (same dress different color here and here) with a tank top underneath for the modesty; brown houndstooth jacket, LOFT
  • Shoes & Accessories: gray pumps, Steve Madden; Inkwenkwezi Safety Pin necklace, Smithsonian/Christmas gift from Mom; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF

Items ftom this outfit are prefviously seen and remixed here, here, and here.

Don't forget to enter the giveaway for a Shopbop giftcard!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...