Monday, August 6, 2012

August 6, 2012: Trendy Birthday - A High Low Hem

As you know today isn't any ordinary day, it's my birthday! This year my birthday has taken a back seat to all the other things in my everyday life. I haven't really thought much about what I want or even how I want to celebrate it. The one thing I was certain of, though, was my need for a special birthday outfit! Since BF said he would foot the bill for my birthday ensemble I started (legitimately) thinking about things that I would want to wear but, aren't like anything I already have. The one summer trend that I couldn't find in my closet but, is everywhere/I am completely in love with is the high low hem.

As I started shopping online and pinning things that I loved I kept coming back to this dress. Not only does it have the high low hem that I was looking for but, it also incorporates other summer trends like pleats and color blocking. After hemming and hawing a bit over whether it was "the dress" or not I bit the bullet and placed the order; Two days later it was sitting at my door! Finding something I could wear over the dress to cover my shoulders and make it more office appropriate was one of the biggest challenges but, thankfully I can fall back on my flowy flyaway cardigan. Have you rocked the high low hem this summer?

Just to clarify I am wearing flip flops at work right now but, they are paired with a less than glamorous air cast because I sprained my ankle pretty badly a few weeks ago and it's still on the mend. It was nice to be more casual in the beginning but, I can't wait to get back in my heels!

  • Top: Jessica Simpson Sleeveless Pleated Colorblock Dress, Loehmanns/gift from BF; gray flyaway cardigan, New York & Company  
  • Shoes & Accessories: gray flip flops, Old Navy; gold filagree earrings, AVON gift from Mom; silver watch, Fossil; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF

Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed here, herehere, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...