Wednesday, July 13, 2011

June 13, 2011: Held On

I love this dress! I have had it for a long time and this is the first time that I have ever worn it out in public. Why? Well because it has a fairly open back and this deep drapey v-neck in the front. I'm glad I ignored the (logical) part of my brain that had told me to donate it so many times before and held on to it.

Since I was wearing it to work the easiest thing was to throw something over it. I think it might have been a bit more structured with a blazer or cardi, maybe next time... I also figured out (through much trial and error) that I can get away with a strapless bra and tank top for the modesty by day or night when I have plans with friends! I know, I know 2 + 2 = 4... revelations.

Do you have an item that you are holding on to because you're not sure how to wear it but, can't bear to get rid of it? Did you have such an item? How did you end up making it work?

  • Top: blue gray draped jersey knit dress, BCBG MaxAzria with a tank top underneath for the modesty; gray flyaway cardigan, New York & Company
  • Shoes & Accessoriessilver cutout flats, Corso Como via DSW; my abuela's vintage silver hoop earring; purple shoulder bag, Coach

Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...