Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Past Due

While going through my closet was a monumental task, both on a physical level as well as an emotional one, there was one positive outcome that I can identify (so far) beyond simply having clothing items that fit. I came across many items that I had not worn in some time for different reasons. With this dress it was because it was a little small. While I might have been able to wear it prior to this point (metamorphoses don't happen overnight, unless you are Gregor Samsa) I haven't because when I looked at it the stigma of a small size/tight fit was attached.

Now that I have less face I was excited to try this dress on again. When I did I was disappointed to discover that it is actually a little big. Like other items in my wardrobe, which had previously been too small, this dress has passed it's point of usefulness (for me.) It's a little bitter sweet to find out that an item you had been waiting to be able to wear again is not viable and you missed the mark for whatever reason. As I have been moving around it it today I have also found it to be a little too short (modesty, remember?) Sigh, another one bites the donation bin.
  • Top: gray shirt dress, New York & Company
  • Shoes & Accessoriesgray cap toe ballet flats, Guiseppe Zanotti via Buffalo Exchange; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...