Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Retro Reminiscent

It's amazing what small changes do to change something as a whole. Example: add hydrogen to oxygen and it makes water. Science. I digress...  the first time I looked at these pants the only thing I could think of was golfing. I would just like to be clear and confess that I am not actually a golfer. Fortunately for me them I have preppy fashion sensibilities because that impression made it a done deal and I had to have them even though they will probably never hit the links.

As I look for items from my (now minuscule) wardrobe to pair them with (in non golfing life) this combo that I ended up with invokes images of a beehive hair-do or perhaps a headband, cat eye sunglasses, and melamine pitchers filled with lemonade at a bygone picnic that never existed in my lifetime. I think it's the shoes. What do picnics have to do with work? Nothing, but, while I am reminded of an older time this is still a professional ensemble for the office especially on a cold summer spring day.
  • Top: black cardigan, Merona
  • Bottom: tailored crop plaid wool pants, GAP
  • Shoes & Accessoriesblack peep-toe wedges, Dr. Scholl's; black pearl earrings, International Gem and Jewelry Show 

I most recently wore this sweater here.

I'm linking up with Confident Twosdays 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...