Sunday, May 31, 2015

Weekend Wear: DIY Social Butterfly

There were a few things going on this weekend on top of of normal weekend activities (grocery/laundry/tidying up/mulching) like, brunch breakfast on the Upper East Side with a friend visiting from out of state and a baby shower out on the (almost) end of Long Island for my cousin in-law. Did I mention they were both in the same day? Nope, well you can imagine the travel involved... You're not from here? Trust me, it's a substantial amount. Since I needed to be ready to go from spin class to breakfast to baby shower I may or may not have resembled a bag lady in the morning leaving the house. Baby Gift? Check. Gym Bag? Check. Awesome outfit to seamlessly transition through the days activities? Check, although it took me a while to get there.

It was particularly challenging to identify something from my current wardrobe options that fit and was appropriate for the prescribed setting of the baby shower. Two words: Country. Club. After going through my options I wasn't left with many choices. Thanks, less body... The whole process was frustrating, to say the least, and I was about to give up when I caught a glimpse of this fun, forgotten dress in pile of clothes to be tailored/sent to the tailor. When I tried it on I resembled (the child of) a housewife (playing dress up) which felt (ironically) appropriate. I just needed to find a way to make it work despite the lack of an all night tailor in my area. Enter tiny sewing kit! I made a few simple adjustments and the dress went from falling off and almost flashing people to what you see, how do you think it came out?
  • Top: yellow hot air balloon printed dress, eShakti.com
  • Shoes & Accessories: blue Orissa peep toe pump, Nine West (my wedding shoes;) pearl earrings, Macy's; bronze clutch, Brahmin c/o Vogue Magazine (not pictured)

I'm linking up with Watch What I'm Wearing and Sunday FUNday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...