Sunday, May 31, 2015

Purchases & Acquisitions: May 2015

While I am not in the same (extremely limited) financial position I was when I started the blog I still need to be cognizant of the money I spend, especially considering that shopping/swapping is more of a necessity (read: nothing fits.) I think it's a good idea to keep track of the items that I obtain for a few reasons. First, it will help me to keep be aware of my spending (the tens and tens of dollars.) Also, it will help you to see what I have acquired as opposed to things that are just being brought out of my wardrobe archives.

This past month I went consignment/thrift "crazy!" While I was away for the long weekend I went to some of my favorite stores in Richmond, VA and I did not leave empty handed. I also stopped by a more local store on my way home from work one night and they were having a mega clearance sale. Lucky for me there was also some gifting going on this month!


Gift(s)
  • gray blouse, Free People
Clementine - $126.36
  • black, red, and white polka dot maxi dress, Banana Republic
  • pink patterned capri pants, LOFT
  • pink ruffle embellished shift, LOFT
  • NWT black and white capri pants, J Crew
  • purple and white gingham shirt, J Crew 
Ashby - $40.01
  • blue and ivory sun dress, Calypso St. Barths
Overall, I spent $176.37 and obtained an eclectic selection of pieces to add to my wardrobe that I have already started utilizing. While I know I need clothes to fill in the wardrobe gaps, I don't think it's sustainable to shop like this every month. The amount I just spent is more than I spent on all my purchases combined in the first year of 260 Days, No Repeats! Also, I still only have tens and tens of dollars.

UPDATE: This morning I got two eshakti.com dresses... What? They were having a sale and I had a gift card/coupon. I basically got two dresses for $72.35 (customization and shipping included) AKA less than the price of one dress. I do not regret my decision. Adjusted total spending is $244.72 which is a little less than I spent on all purchases combined in year two or 260 Days, No Repeats. I am now feeling conflicted. I might need to not eat for the rest of the week... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...