Sunday, August 12, 2012

August 10, 2012: Trendy Birthday - A Colorblock Maxi Dress

On my birthday, I was very excited about my fantastic high low dress but, that was Monday and while stylin' in the office was great I couldn't very well wear the same thing to go out and celebrate at the end of the week. To deal with my clothing conundrum I started to go through my mental closet but, couldn't think of anything that would be a good fit for the occasion. It was only natural to step into a few stores on my way home from dinner during the week and see what sort of summer stuff they had on sale. Thankfully I found  this maxi dress amidst the incoming fall styles. Unfortunately it hasn't reached the summer markdown rack yet but, it's my birthday so I went with it! 

There are alot of things I love about this dress: the saturated blue, the colorblocking, the thick straps, and the comfy-ness of it to name a few. The challenge that I was faced with was how to wear it in my professional office environment, a free flowing colorful maxi dress is a far cry from a structured suit. I threw on a cardigan and stayed at my desk most of the day. While it wasn't inappropriate per say I think I was lucky with my pass. That being said, it was an easy transition from work to drinks and dinner after! I only wish there was more time left this summer so I could wear the dress again. 
  • Top: blue colorblock maxi dress, Spense via Bolton's with a tank top underneath for the modesty; gray cardigan, New York & Company 
  • Shoes & Accessoriessilver Genero Sandal, SE Boutique via DSW; my abuela's vintage silver hoops; silver watch, Fossil; Neverfull GM, Louis Vuitton/gift from BF  


Items from this outfit are seen and remixed here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...