Wednesday, May 25, 2016

First Day of School, I Mean Work

An outfit of the day post already? Yup! Don't worry, I'm not falling back into old habits. However, I have started a new job (yay, me) and I thought it only appropriate to show you what I wore on my first day in my new position. While I am still working in human resources/recruiting I have switched industries from non-profit to a more corporate environment. There has definitely been a bit of a learning curve in terms of industry specific practices, terminology, etc. and I am excited to learn them all. One thing that I am confident saying is that I do know is how to dress appropriately for work. That being said, I noticed throughout the interview process how laid back everyone was in my new office in terms of their wardrobe, leggings and jeans abound. While that might be acceptable for other parties involved that is not something I am comfortable with for work on a daily basis let alone my first day. Concurrently I did not want to show up in a full suit; that might have been a bit off putting to my new colleagues, albeit not inappropriate. I ended up going with a business casual standby: coordinating blazer/skirt combo with a cute top, it's the a perfect combination.
  • Top: red floral print blouse, Anne Klein; black blazer, Calvin Klein
  • Bottom: gray plaid pencil skirt, ABStudio
  • Shoes & Accessories: black pumps, Bandolino; pearl earrings, Macys 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...