- Is the traditional practice really in the best interest of the unstoppable, career-driven women of today.
- The idea wasn't created with women’s fashions in mind... What’s the female equivalent of skipping the tie and jacket?
- Female leaders, whether we like it or not, have long been relying on style to help gain respect, influence or power in ways in which men frankly have not had to
- While there is still a clear uniform for men, women instead have endless options, and each possible choice invites its own scrutiny from others
So, despite my true desires, I decided not to wear jeans on Fridays. While my actions were contrary to how I normally feel they were made much easier compounded by the fact that I was giving a formal performance evaluation to someone. In that moment, when your entire interaction is imbued with corporate structure and formality, it made sense. We'll see about next Friday...
- Top: blue gray ruffle embellished cardigan, Merona
- Bottom: black capri pants, Lands End
- Shoes & Accessories: leopard print flats, Seychelles; silver bead earrings, Tiffany & Co.