Wednesday, May 13, 2015

New (Stripe) Perspective

Stripes are everywhere! Who knew that the shopping world would be overflowing with an influx of the simplest patterns known to humans, stripes and polka dots... While I find myself frustrated with the lack of other options, when shopping, I still find myself drawn to them. That is true even despite the fact that as a curvier person I was always warned of all they ways they would negatively enhance my appearance. When I saw this dress on the sale rack in one of my favorite thrift stores I gravitated towards it immediately. It must have been the original pattern, black and tan stripes, revolutionary! Then things got cray cray. 

I was a initially deterred by the "small" size but, decided it couldn't hurt to try it on. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that my body dysmorphia concern about the size was mostly unwarranted, the dress fit. Beyond that, it looked lovely and extremely professional after I paired it with a blazer. Other people said so too! However, wearing this dress to work (even with super SPANX) was a different story. Everything was out there! Not in an inappropriate way just in a "closer to my body than I am used to" way with the added bonus of stripes to highlight all the things or not...
  • Top: black and tan striped dress, Spense via Ashby; black blazer, Ann Taylor
  • Shoes & Accessories: black pumps, bflexible by Bandolino; black pearl earrings, International Gem and Jewelry Show

I had said before that I wanted to highlight when I had previously worn something so I'm going to try this: I most recently wore this blazer here. We'll see how that evolves if at all... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...