Wednesday, September 2, 2015

A Favorite Contradiction

This dress is definitely one of my favorites. If I wasn't trying to wear a different ensemble to work everyday for a year you would be seeing more of this dress, for sure. Naturally, as I considered what items to keep, tailor, donate, or sell from my recent closet purge this dress made it's way into the tailoring pile quickly. When the Jason Wu for Target look book came out this was my absolute favorite of all the items out of the few that I was interested in. On top of that fact it was the only item that I could get my hands on when I went to the store. How could I donate or sell something I all but, had to fight for? Obviously, it wasn't even an option.

While we are in the month of September I am still clinging to summer; It is my (favorite) season. The hotter the better... I realize I am in the minority with that sentiment. Pumpkin spice, Halloween decorations, and changing leaves can put a pin in their inevitable decent. Conversely, the one thing I am excited for is to be able to get back to layering things; Blazers? Yay! Sweaters? Wonderful! While this is contradictory to my appreciation for warmer temperatures it is one of the things I appreciate about the fall season. I am a contradiction, wrapped in an enigma but, I digress...This dress would look so cute paired with a blazer, don't you think?
  • Top: navy poplin dress, Jason Wu for Target
  • Shoes & Accessories: silver peep toe wedges, Seychelles; dangle silver bead earrings, gift from co-worker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...