Tuesday, March 29, 2011

March 29, 2011: Reaching Beyond The Ordinary

When I started with this outfit it was terribly unimpressive. Solid colored sweater? Check. Solid colored skirt? Check. Black pumps? Check Scratch that, I almost put myself to sleep with that boring nonsense! Thank goodness I have an excellent ok memory and remembered these fantastic tweed shoes that I haven't worn in quite a while. They are from a time before I had my shopping under control and whatever struck my fancy  and was priced "within reason" would come home with me. I guess on some level I'm happy I was so unencumbered by fiscal responsibility because now I have a pretty fabulous selection of accessories. On another level I'm sad because it will not continue to grow as it had been... Do I have a matching bag to go with these shoes? I may or may not... If so, is it tiny and completely impractical for the more grown up Iris? Yes. What an inexperienced fashionista I was, paying close attention to such silly fashion rules! But, I digress... I'm shocked that year one is almost finished and there are still things in my closet/accessory collection that I haven't worn on this blog yet. Do I sense a year two coming? Perhaps.
  • Top: lime green scoopneck sweater (same sweater different color here, here, and here)
  • Bottom: gray pencil skirt, New York & Company
  • Shoes & Accessories: green tweed kitten heel pumps, Coach; fused glass earrings, craft space in Laguna Beach; purple tote bag, Coach (not pictured)


Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed here, here, here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...