never rarely ever wear makeup anymore. Can you tell in my everyday pics? Maybe a little? Fine, be that way... I was more nervous about taking this picture because of my left eye which is now always slightly closed and a little wonky (thanks, eye drama!) Can you tell? Yeah, I know.
Anyway, when I was very young I used to think that makeup was a really glamorous thing that the grown ups got to partake in and I didn't because I was too little. There was definitely one hilarious occasions (that I have seen pictures of) where I snuck into someones purse while everyone socialized at a family gathering and absconded with red lipstick which I promptly began to apply it to my whole face sort of like this:
I was a little too young to have the technique down but, there was time to figure it out...
That was one of my earliest encounters with makeup and I can't really say that I loved it or didn't because I'm pretty sure I was 1 or 2. Throughout my youth watching my Mom apply her blush and pink lipstick or my grandmother heat up her eye pencil with a lighter and then put it on after her green eye shadow while I was growing up made me excited to be able to try it someday!
When I was in high school and had
some a little autonomy I used to wear alot of makeup; foundation, eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, blush, lip liner, lip gloss... you name it, it was probably on my face. The real irony of that was the fact that I had amazing skin and really didn't need all that nonsense. Even more ironic is that the fact that now I am a "grown up" and don't wear makeup I have pretty consistent acne problems, what's up with that?
Acne and all I still don't want to take from my time from my regular morning routine to put makeup on. Granted, I don't wear a ton of stuff now (dabs of concealer, spray foundation, eye shadow, mascara, blush, and lip gloss) but, I still don't want to have to deal with it. I think the most important thing is that I am ok with it; I don't NEED makeup everyday but, if I feel like putting it on for special occasions or events that's fine...
On a related note, in the past few weeks I have been to a few events where makeup was a main component of the goodie bags which amounts to about $160 worth of products! Since I don't really wear makeup I wanted to pass them on to you instead of throwing them away... So here is what's in the proverbial bag because they don't all fit in the bag that is pictured:
- Laura Geller Retractable Powder Brush
- Laura Geller Air Whipped Lip Wear in Praline Mousse
- Laura Geller Eye Elements Bake Eye Shadow in Amethyst Skies
- Laura Geller Air Whipped Blush in Whisper Mulberry
- 2 Fusion Beauty: Lip Fusion Lip Plumping Pencil in Flush
- Pop Beauty Bronze Belle 8 Color Bronzing Kit
- Talika Eye Pencil in Black
- Denim Makeup Bag
This giveaway will be until November 18, 2011 and is open to US readers! I will pick the winner via Excel/random.org. Here are the rules: become a follower in Google (if you aren't already) and leave a comment on this post letting me know how you feel about makeup. Don't forget to add your email so I can contact you! For bonus entries:
- 1 bonus entry - "Like" 260 Days, No Repeats on Facebook. Leave another comment letting me know you did this.
- 1 bonus entry - Follow 260 Days, No Repeats on Twitter. Leave another comment with your twitter handle.
- 1 bonus entry = Follow 260 days, No Repeats on Bloglovin'. Leave another comment letting me know you did this.
- 3 bonus entries - Re-post this giveaway on your blog. Leave another comment letting me know you did this with the link.
- 5 bonus entries - Add 260 Days, No Repeats to your blogroll. Leave another comment letting me know you did this with the link.