Thursday, June 9, 2011

June 9, 2011: Remain Neutral

Guys, it is going to be 100°!! Well, not quite yet but, it will be by the afternoon. With all this heat I struggled to put an outfit together that was office appropriate but, wouldn't melt me. Ironically, I have been trying wear blazers all week and make that work for the summer but, it's just too hot!

In that arduous search I discovered another summer staple of professional wear that I am missing, traditional cardigans! I have three, honestly (this one, this one, and this one.) I also realized that the cardigan is the best alternative to the blazer during the warmer month when they are out of the question unless you want to fade from heat stroke trying to make it to your air conditioned office building. I know, I know 2 + 2 = 4... Do you have any other blazer alternatives that you utilize during the summer?

  • Top: brown tank top, New York & Company with another tank top underneath for the modesty; gray ruffle trim cardigan, LOFT/birthday gift from BF's parents
  • Bottom: black capri pants, New York & Company
  • Shoes & Accessoriesblack Dolce Vita sandals, via Nordstrom; pearl earrings, pearl earrings, Macy's/birthday gift from Mom; gray and black purse, Pietro Alessandro 

Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed here, here, and here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...