Friday, September 11, 2015

Customer Service On Fleek

You can't stop my onslaught of continuous white after Labor Day; Wednesday was only the beginning! Muah haha... Ok, ok I'm getting carried away.

The first time I wore this (style of) Lafayette 148 skirt it broke. I sat down, some seams popped, totes embarrassing. Then the most amazing thing happened: I promoted the post, as I do, Lafayette 148 actually checked it out (yay, social media works!,) and when they saw what had transpired they contacted me. Yes, a real life person emailed me/called me and sent me a new skirt which is what I was wearing yesterday. They even sent it to me in a larger size because, apparently, I was in denial about my actual size but, I digress... To this day I count that whole exchange as one of the best customer service experiences I have ever had and remember Lafayette 148 and Nora (the rep who contacted me) fondly.

Fast forward to less face and this Lafayette 148 skirt was under criticism again because it didn't fit for a second time! After all the time I spent working on my fitness the skirt was swimming on me (yay?) I had removed it from my regular wardrobe circulation but, I couldn't bring myself to put it in the donation pile or even Poshmark it because of the positive memories tied to it. Also, rainbow and tweed? That combination couldn't be more me so, I took it to the tailor and now it fits like a glove but, not too tight. There will be no repeat of Seam Bust 2011, at least I hope not.
  • Top: red ruffle embellished tank top, apostrophe via Goodwill
  • Bottom: rainbow tweed pencil skirt, Lafayette 148
  • Shoes & Accessories: black peep toe wedges, Dr. Scholl's; pearl earrings, Macys


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...