Thursday, July 23, 2015

Diamond in the Rough

I would love to say that commuting and work have gotten smoother but, that would be a bold faced lie which I'm sure you could determine since we are getting a bit off schedule. Let's not talk about that, let's instead talk about this amazing blouse that I dug up at H&M. When H&M opened it's first store in New York City I was like any other high school girl at the time and flocked there for the quirky items and "deals" that everyone, from my peer group to iconic magazines, were raving about. I had no problem digging though the racks to snag fairly basic items but, be extremely excited about them because they were something new and popular; also, let's face it... high school.

When I shop now H&M is not a store that I normally frequent because I have found the time spent searching for something I like, that is good quality, the fits my body type, etc. not worth it having had so few shopping successes. This shirt is an exception to all that. As I was quickly breezing through my local H&M this shirt caught my eye. The color is one my favorites, the delicate details are spot on, and I needed clothing for work. The only negative thing (for me) was a humongous rhinestone right at the collar but, I decided to try it on anyway. We should all be happy I did because it looked is really cute, as you can see. Where is the rhinestone now? Excised.
  • Top: mustard pintuck blouse, H&M; black blazer, Juicy Couture via Ashby 
  • Bottom: black and white leopard pencil skirt, LOFT 
  • Shoes & Accessoriesblack t-strap sandals, LOFT; black pearl earrings, International Gem and Jewelry Show 

I most recently wore this blazer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...