Monday, November 7, 2011

November 7, 2011: Back To School

The time of year where everyone heads back to the classroom has passed or so I thought; I am going back to college today! Let me explain... while working with an assortment of local colleges to set up recruiting events for my company I naturally reached out to my alma mater. After having many lovely conversations with the people in career services one of them invited me back to speak at an event about job search tactics for upcoming liberal arts graduates. I was more than happy to oblige!

On a related note, this dress makes me feel like a teacher (completely unintentional, I swear). I think my 7th grade teacher had one just like it... she had serious style! I got this dress during one of my final trips to Re/Dress NYC. They will be closing their doors in a few weeks and I wanted to take advantage of this great store while I can. I took my Mom because she has never been and needed to experience it before the final party. The dress had some wicked shoulder pads (which I removed) and after seeing it in pictures I think it needs to be hemmed but, there was something about the weird pattern (and pockets) that drew me in. Perhaps it was hypnotic suggestion, it's the perfect pattern for that; You are getting sleepy... You really love this dress... Excellent!

  • Top: black and white checker print dress (with pockets), Studio Collection via Re/Dress with a tank top underneath for the modesty; black blazer, Ann Taylor via Melissa
  • Shoes & Accessories: black pumps, Candies via Kohl's; black belt, from this dress; pearl earrings, gift from Mom/Macy's; purple tote bag, Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...