Friday, November 4, 2011

November 4, 2011: Why Midi?


If you are participating in this theme week please link up below and put the trend that you are representing where it asks for your name. Please leave a comment after you post, thanks!

This has been a fun theme week, don't you agree? While it has been enjoyable I think I have been playing it safe for the most part. I really wanted to push myself out of my ever shifting comfort zone and try a trend that I'm not really a huge fan of: the midi skirt.

I think they are an extremely unflattering style unless you are tall with super long legs. Not that shorter/non leggy people can't make it work but, it is a challenge I have very little desire to make an attempt at, until now... Since I wasn't going to buy anything new for this week (or in general) I decided to attempt a faux midi by wearing my Monif C Converitble Dress lower on my hips which I think worked out well but, if you could see how I wrapped the 9 ft. sashes around myself to keep them in check you would probably laugh; my torso looks like a stylin' mummy!

Let me continue by saying that I am not a short person (5'8 ish on most days) but, I think that this length of skirt makes me look short and there isn't really a great way to combat other than skyscraper heels which I wasn't in the mood for. Do I think I look bad? No. I just don't think it is flattering which is what I want my daily attire to be! Are there any trends that you are finding look great on other people, just not on you?

  • Top: pink ruffle embellished t-shirt, Merona via Target; gray pinstripe blazer, Calvin Klein via Loehmanns (part of this suit)
  • Bottom: Marilyn Convertible Dress as midi-skirt, Monif C (on sale)
  • Shoes & Accessoriesblack ballet flats, Xhiliration via Target; rose quartz earrings, Elizabeth Showers Vintage; silver L.A.M.B bag via Loehmanns


Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...