Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October 11, 2011: Geometry is Sexy

With all the talk of Re/Dress NYC closing it's doors I felt a strong urge to finally bust out this dress that I have been saving for the right occasion. I think I've made this "mistake" before; what is really the "right time" to wear awesome clothes other than everyday? That being said, I definitely had to wait until the weather got cooler before I swaddled myself in polyester because it doesn't breathe at all!

Also, I just want to point out that I did not come up with "Geometry is Sexy" myself (as much as I might have wished I did) it was on the tag for the dress that I picked up at the $20 Vintage Dress sale in June! Yes, I saved the tag... No, you shouldn't judge me. If you are a blogger, where do you come up with inspiration for your blog post titles?


Now on to the shoes... I know I expressed a fair share of condemnation towards Target in response to their frustrating Missoni launch but, while I was at Target looking for something completely unrelated I spotted an endcap with a bunch of these shoes and one pair in my size! Since I have a gift card to Targét burning a hole in my wallet I decided to pick them up. Then I may or may not have fallen prey to the Missoni for Target craze and gone to different Target's looking for more stuff...
  • Top: beige, black, and red vintage "Geometry is Sexy" dress, Kathy via Re/Dress NYC
  • Shoes & Accessories: black suede pumps,Missoni for Target; black belt, came with this dress; pearl earrings, Macy's/birthday gift from Mom; gray Le Dix/Motorcycle bag, Balenciaga 


Don't forget to enter the giveaway!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...