Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August 3, 2011: Back to Brown

No, I'm not completely reverting back to the hallway but, it was raining and I like to stay dry... 

Pre-blog the color combination in this outfit would have been a no brainer. Light brown plaid pants with a darker brown top = automatic; but, since taking of this personal style challenge I have constantly been challenging myself step out of my comfort zone and try new things like pairing these light brown bottoms with yellow or blue (crazy, I know). What was so wrong with just pairing it with brown? I think this phenomenon is a trap that we really should try to avoid... Yes, yellow and blue do look great with these pants (hence the shoes and bag) but, that doesn't mean that the most basic combinations don't work as well!  Do you, as a blogger, shun pairings you used to make because they are too "safe"?
  • Top: brown short sleeve scoop neck sweater, GAP (same sweater different color here and here) with a tank top underneath for the modesty
  • Bottombrown plaid capris, New York & Company
  • Shoes & Accessoriesturquoise peep toe flats, Xhiliration via Target; gold filagree earrings, AVON gift from Mom; yellow should bag

Items from this outfit are previously seen and remixed here, here, here, here, here, and here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! I really look forward to hearing from you...